Chapter 14: Raincheck

Just a reminder that the published story is completely different, check it out if you're able to!

Summer Gray

Ryder wanted to spend some time together tonight, he'd also suggested I stay the next two days at his house but I assured him I would be in my own home.

He wanted to take us on a trip to the beach, which I'd eagerly refused since it was well below freezing outside. Sometimes I don't understand what he plans.

So he changed our plans to staying in and watching a movie. I had agreed, since I absolutely loved his house and his mom was the nicest lady ever. Even though his sister always had a different guy over in her room, those noises bothered me.

"So what do you want to watch?" I asked as we sat on the couch.

"You." He smirked. It was a total Aiden thing of him to say.

"Funny, Ry, how about we watch that Disney movie on Netflix, Invisible Sister?"

"I'm fine with that." I sat beside him as he awkwardly placed his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll go get popcorn." I said about to get up and away from his uncomfortable grasp when his mom walked in with popcorn in her hands. How lucky.

"Well, seems like you like to work outside of work." He chuckled referring to the maid job. "You never did tell me who lives in that house."

"Nobody you'd know." I smiled, lying for his own protection. I wasn't about to tell him Aiden lived there because I knew for a fact that he'd probably get himself beat up.

"Well you know what I know?" He smiled, putting the popcorn on the floor and facing me.

"What do you know?" I whispered as his lips began inching forward.

"I know that I love you." He said. I never did return the favor of those three meaningful words, nor did I want to, I mean not this soon anyway.

His lips on mine sent jolts that lasted for milliseconds, after a while I began feeling disgusted by the spit exchange and pulled away. A fake smile on my face.

"Did I do something wrong?" He furrowed his brows.

"No." I said.

"Then why won't you kiss me?"

"I. . .um. . .on my period," I lied, "just need a breath." I said again.

"Oh." He simply said. Aiden snaked into my mind, if I'd told him that he probably would've made me chicken noodle soup, or walked out. I'm not quite sure, Aiden is pretty unpredictable, one minute he's the sweetest guy ever and the very next he's the biggest jerk.

"Yeah sorry. Maybe you can try that later." I tried but he gave me a puzzled look.

I could practically see the wheels turning in his head as he figured something out.

"You work for Aiden!?" He asked, a hopeful glint in his eyes, begging me to deny it.

"Ryder, does it really matter who I work for?"

"And you like him too!" He shouted, standing up infuriated, "How had I not seen it before, why else would you have been at that party, and the café that morning. Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, clearly not looking for an answer.

"I don't like Aiden, we're not even friends." I said, there was a bit of truth to that, a very small bit of truth.

"So you're defending him too!" He shouted in his total aha moment. I glared at him for a minute.