Chapter 19: Legendary

Summer Gray

I turned around over and over in my bed.

I'd take you anywhere. His words replayed in my mind. I smiled slightly, wiping my eyes at the memory. He'd said it at the amusement park. I'd been complaining about place, his voice replayed in my mind. I turned over again in my bed.

I didn't feel comfortable sleeping here. I wanted to go back to the hospital and make sure Aiden was okay. What if he woke up and I missed it?

I shut my eyes, forcing the memories that were trying to creep in, out.

I couldn't do it. The night of the party flashed in my mind, us sleeping on the roof of my broken down car. It seemed like such a hazy beautiful day. He'd given me his jacket in the rain, we were soaked. And happy.

I felt tears coming on and decided to try to stop thinking about him and instead about school tomorrow.

I shut my eyes, thoughts of learning sent me off to sleep.

"Summer, wake up!" Aiden shouted, throwing me off my bed.

"What do you want? Gosh! You're so annoying." I giggled as he sat beside me on the floor.

"You're beautiful." He smiled widely as we leaned in to kiss.

"You're a kiss up." I giggled as he grabbed my hand.

"I want to kiss you up." He winked as I slapped his arm, laughing.

"Watch it punk!" Ryder's voice popped into my head as he tossed Aiden aside.

"I hate you, you're a demon!" I shouted.

"Shut up hot stuff, that Aiden you love is long gone. I'm all you have left. He's dead." His devious face snuck up to me as he spat near my face.

"No!" I shouted not believing a word he said.

"Oh yeah?!" He snarled his upper lip, gesturing to behind me.

There Aiden lay on the hospital bed, blood surrounding every part of him.

I began crying. Again.

"Summer! Summer! Wake up!" Mom shouted, shaking me awake.

"What happened?" I asked, horror still stricking my face. My eyes landed on my mom's worried face.

"You were shouting and crying in your sleep!" Mom rushed beside me, "How about we forget about school tomorrow?"

"N. . .no. I want to go." I said, as my hand traced the tears on my cheeks.

"Sweety, I think you need to go talk to Dr. Grandeur tomorrow."

"Mom I'm fine. It was a nightmare, that's all. I'm going to school tomorrow."

"Are you sure? Get some rest." Mom hugged me and walked out of my room.

"Good night mom." I tried to smile.

"It's two in the morning. Not night anymore." She laughed, walking out of my room.

¤¤¤

Small drops of water began pouring on my face. Was arm dog peeing on me?

Then the water began pouring on my face. I opened my eyes, staring at the gray clouds above me. I sat up quickly, my pajamas soaked as I looked around at the empty parking lot and then the white walls behind me.

How did I end up here? I looked at the glassy hospital windows behind me, the dark clouds above me pouring down harder.

I looked at my muddy pajamas. I was a total mess and I knew it.