Chapter 5: Deal

Aiden Black

"I'm sleeping at Ryder's tonight." Summer said, stepping into my house with Amy's new doll in her hand.

"You can't." I quickly said, staring at the gray clouds above us.

"And why can't I sleep at my boyfriend's house?"

"Well frankly, I don't think you'll get much sleep done." I smirked.

"And I'd get sleep here?"

"Depends." I smirked as she bit her lip.

"Is this my new dolly? " Amy asked, skipping down the stairs, her eyes landing on the box that Summer was holding.

"Yes Amy, it's for you." Summer smiled, trying to be nice to my little sister.

"Listen here missy, what did we say about calling me Amy?" She snatched the doll from Summer's hands, "and quit flirting with my brother!" She added, walking back up stairs. She glared at my little sister, I smirked. If only she would flirt with me, it would make life a whole lot easier.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Summer said, walking toward the door, which was only a few feet away. I rushed behind her, grabbing her hand.

"Summer wait!" I pushed her against the wall as she glared at me. Never have I ever wanted to kiss someone more than this moment. She stared at me wide eyed.

"What?" She said, trying to push me off her as I tightened my grip on her hands, which I had so easily pinned to the wall. "Ouch Aiden!"

"If only you'd say that in bed." I winked, her glare made me laugh.

"In your dreams." She said, I felt my heart rate rising staring into her pools of chocolate eyes.

"I've extended your shift. For the next three days, it's a requirement for you to stay here." I said, trying to do anything to keep her here.

"Don't you have some strip club to head off to?" She pulled away from my grasp, backing away a bit.

"Change of plans. Sleep well tonight because tomorrow you're going to be preparing for my parents visit."

"Why should I have to stay here, what am I supposed to tell Ryder?" She exclaimed. I loved seeing her mad.

"Tell him you've found someone better." I winked. It was almost midnight, we'd spent over five hours bickering at the mall over which doll to get and arguing over a load of random stuff. I'd missed my chance to go to the club anyway.

Summer Gray

I clicked on the handsome picture of Ryder King in my contacts and pressed call. The phone kept ringing and sent me right to voice mail.

"Hey its Ryder, leave me a message and I'll call you back later." I hung up. Maybe the third times the charm. I was really starting to get worried. I called again.

"Hey!" A breathless Ryder answered.

"Hey Ry, I was calling to say that I can't come over tonight, you had me worried is everything alright?"

"Yeah. . .um . . .I was just going for a jog." I heard him say, "well alright then, see you tomorrow and I'm going to have to cancel our study session tomorrow night, we're going out of town. " He said, having trouble catching his breath.

I nodded, feeling dumb that he can't actually see me. Tomorrow was Friday and we usually never actually studied at our study sessions, at least not the books anyway.

"Yeah, of course, I'll see you at school tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye babe." He hung up.

"Where's the guest room?" I asked Aiden as he came into the living room with two clear drinks in his hand.