The Morning After the Night Before

"What the hell do you think you were playing at?" my Mom yelled rather too loudly.

I shot up in my bed wondering what all the commotion was about but as soon as I did my head began to pound as though someone was playing the drums in there. Well I guess last night wasn't a dream then. Turning to face my mother I found her stood in my doorway. Her arms were folded across her chest as she frowned at me. Expectantly, I looked into her emerald eyes sensing they'd be full of rage but instead all I saw was disappointment.

"Do you know how drunk you were? Goodness knows what would have happened if that nice boy hadn't brought you home. The fact that you let yourself get into that state though. Me and your father are so disappointed in you right now!" she tutted and flounced out of my room

OUCH! Those words are the words that every child hates to hear their parents say. My heart dropped to my stomach when I replayed what she had just said. Yes I had got drunk but was it really that shameful? But wait who was this boy that she had mentioned?

I rushed out of my bed as fast as I could in my current hungover state.

"Mom what boy?" I called down the hall curiosity getting the better of me.

I really should have whispered because as I was now discovering loud noises when hungover aren't good.

"You come in falling all over yourself, throw up in the hall and all you can think about is some boy. What has happened to you Aimee? You suddenly have a new look, don't talk to us anymore and now this?" she yelled.

Whilst it was all kicking off my Dad walked in not even bothering to look at me. I couldn't understand it I had just been letting off some steam, what was the big deal? I hadn't killed anyone or robbed anywhere. No I got drunk.

"Did you even think of what could have happened to you though? What if someone had raped you or murdered you, where would that leave me and your father?"

Unable to listen this anymore I found myself running out of my house. I didn't know where I was running to but I needed to get away. The sudden screech of brakes brought me back to reality and my mind went completely blank. I froze my body unable to move and became aware that I was stood in the middle of the road. What the hell was I doing stood in the middle of the road, why was I letting myself get so worked up over everything?

I decided to go for a walk to clear my head, completely avoiding roads in general. I tried to organise my thoughts when I had a memory from the night before hit me.

"It wasn't him. As you can guess things progressed we began making out and the rest. He wanted to wait. He did but I tried to pressure him, but he didn't want to. I thought it meant he didn't love me so I ended it. He begged and pleaded with me, told me he loved me but I just walked away." she cried whilst wiping her tears with her arms.

"W-w-what?" I stuttered. This couldn't be true.

"When we went back to school he had changed. He was just so cold towards me, I felt bad I really did I tried to apologise but he wouldn't forgive me. He said I'd broken his heart." she sobbed completely breaking down at this point.

I pulled her close and put my arm around her shoulder.

"That was when he started collecting skanks. Before I knew it he had slept with half the girls in our year. When he tried it on with you that was why I warned you off him. Then he started being different towards you, chasing you like they do in films, so I thought he'd changed. He hadn't thought. But, yeah, that's it. I made Jase a player. I should have told you I'm so sorry."

As awful as it sounds I hadn't even considered Becky I was too busy being selfish. How did she get home if some random guy gave me a lift? Dialling her number I impatiently waited for her to answer.

Ring, ring, ring, ring,ring, ri-"Hey" a croaky voice whispered down the phone, the voice I could only assume belonged to my best friend.

"Becky, how you feeling? How did you get home last night?"

"I got a lift with that guy...what's his name? Well anyways i directed him to yours and he dropped me off at mine. Awww where you worried?" she giggled. The giggle was soon followed by an "Owww."

"This guy?" I huffed impatiently.

"M-M-Matt! That's the one. Matt!" she shrieked, this was also followed by another "Ouch."

At the mention of his name my heart skipped a beat. Either he gave me a lift back because he doesn't hate me or because he wanted rid. Personally I was going to believe the first option.

"Becky, I've really gotta go, I'll ring you back later. Okay? Love you. Bye."

"Love you. Byeeee."

**********

Passing the cab driver a twenty I thanked him as I stood before the white apartment block that sent a shiver up my spine. The taxi was cheaper than last time but I figured that I must have walked further than I'd thought.

I strode through the door and walked to the end of the hallway trying to fill myself with confidence, but failing miserably. Stood in front of Matt's door butterflies began to swarm my stomach and then the worrying kicked in. What if he screamed at me? What if he slammed the door in my face? What if he never wanted to see me again? So many thoughts ran through my head I began to feel dizzy. Sighing I leant with my back against Matt's door trying to steady myself.

Closing my eyes and exhaling slowly I felt myself begin to fall backwards as if in slow motion. A high pitched scream passed my lips and I knew that at any moment I would be soon hitting the floor. Two strong arms grab my waist. I looked up to find Matt smirking at me.

"So nice of you to drop by Aimee."

************************

Hey guys!

I'm not really all that happy about this chapter I'm too tired and got writer's block halfway through but I had the idea in my head so I decided to get it out. Can I just say thanks to everyone that has fanned, voted and commented I'm Not That Innocent is What's Hot #335 andTeen Fiction #54. So thank you for all your support =)