Superman Pants

Stood at Jase’s front door, my head was a mess. I was still trying to get over Becky’s shock revelation. She liked Thomas? I presumed she meant more than friends, but why? And for how long had she liked him? I knew I had no right to be bothered it’s not like I liked him, it was just the principle. I guess though if she likes him, who am I to stop her? After all I went there with Jase; I wasn’t aware of their involvement at the time but still. If he makes her happy then so be it, if not I break his legs.

As I reached my conclusion, Jase’s glass door opened and he greeted me with open arms. I walked into his embrace as I tried to take in my surroundings. Glancing around the walls, I scouted for any family pictures or personal mementos. Instead there was nothing, just cold, clinical white walls. There certainly was a house not a home. Jase broke out of the hug and took my hand in his and began to lead me up the stairs. I discreetly tapped my back pocket to ensure my package was concealed. This was going to be fun.

As I walked into Jase’s room my brain screamed out ‘bachelor pad’. Every inch of Jase’s spacious room was immaculate. The monochrome walls oozed sophistication. His black leather bed was covered with sleek black sheets. The only thing that was missing was a television. I had to stifle my laugh when I sat on the bed and Jase pointed his remote at the wall, was he going crazy? It wasn’t until his ‘wall’ separated to reveal a plasma T.V. Immediately he flicked on the sports channel and lay back on his bed leaning with his arms crossed behind his head. I threw my bag down and perched myself on the edge of the bed. Sports? Was he being serious? He asked me over here and then put sports on, I suppose he was expecting me to make him a sandwich too.

“Baby, could I have a drink please?” I purred whilst leaning back and caressing Jase’s leg.

He jumped up and asked “Yeah course. What d’ya want?”

“Ummm...surprise me,” I grinned.

As soon as Jase left the room I sprang up from his bed. Now I just had to find his drawers. I scanned my surroundings before I found his drawers in the corner. I clawed at the drawers trying to get into them but to no prevail. It wasn’t until I punched one that it popped open. Stupid Jase and his stupid posh drawers. I searched his drawers until I found the one with his underwear in. It was time for dirty tactics now. I had to fight my laughter when I saw superman pants in his drawer, I mean how old was this guy, twelve? The sound of Jase’s footsteps alerted me to his return. As quickly as I could I pulled the package out of my pocket and began to sprinkle the white powder on to his boxers. Within seconds the bag was empty so I closed the drawer and casually lay down on the bed.

“Hey here’s your drink Aimes,” he smiled as he held the glass of orange juice out to me.

“Errrmm...I’ve just remembered I’ve got to be somewhere. Sorry, we’ll rearrange, okay?” I sighed.

“Yeah, sure. That’s fine,” Jase said as he plastered a fake smile on his face.

Bless him he really did seem disheartened. Maybe my plan was working after all. I sat upright and jumped to my feet. Jase leant over to kiss me on the lips but I turned my head so that he only kissed my cheek. Crouching down I grabbed my bag and smiled to myself. This ‘meeting’ had been very productive.

“I’ll show myself out. I’ll ring you later,” I said.

“Okay bye babe.”

With that I left his room and sprinted down his stairs. Just as I jogged out of his door a blonde woman approached, his Mom I presumed. So I just kept my head down and carried on jogging. As I reached the end of his street I pulled out my phone and started typing a text to Harvey.

‘Phase one is complete captain. Meet me at mine in ten? xx’

Harvey looked so relaxed sat at the table, at our now ‘regular’ cafe. This was the place where we met up to discuss the plan, away from the ‘all hearing’ ears of my parents. I snuck up behind him and jerked him forwards. He nearly jumped out of his skin and managed to spill his coffee over his hand that had been resting on the table. I struggled to conceal my giggles, but I managed. Harvey can be very grumpy at times.

“Okay as I said in the text earlier phase one is now complete. What exactly is phase two?” I asked.

Without even looking at me he pulled out his phone and began to dial a number before placing it to his ear.

“Harvey now really isn’t the time for phone...” I was interrupted by his hand over my mouth. I admitted defeat instantly and sat back to try and find out what he was up to.

“Lydia? Hey I’ve just heard the craziest thing. Apparently...” he looked around us to make sure that no one was ear wigging before continuing “Jase Woods has crabs.”He listened intently to the person at the other end of the phone for a few minutes before adding “Shocking I know.”

“Harvey what are you doing?” I hissed quietly.

He held his index finger up to me, indicating ‘one minute’ before he hung up.

“Listen Babycakes, no one will know it’s us that started this rumour. Discretion may not be Lydia’s but it is where I’m concerned,” he winked.

“Gross! I do love your master plan and all But I was the last person to sleep with Jase remember everyone is gonna be pointing their fingers’ at me.” I whispered.

“Don’t worry, he’s slept with two girls since you,” he informed me.

For a brief second my heart started to throb, he was still chasing me but he managed to sleep with two other girls? This was exactly why I was bringing him down I reminded myself.

“Okay, we’re good to go.”

Monday at school every time I saw Jase he seemed to be scratching his ‘manly area’. A cheeky grin appeared on my face each time I saw him, just for the simple fact that I had caused this. Was he wearing his superman pants? The white powder Harvey had provided me with was in fact itching powder. That boy can be very cunning when he wants to be. The funniest thing was the looks of disgust he was getting from the girls; honestly they were looking at him like he was something that they had stepped in. I did that day receive some unwanted attention, mainly girls informing me of the rumour and making sure I was okay. How I managed to act shocked so many times I’ll never know, after the seventh person my jaw actually began to ache. This acting malarkey is harder than it seems.

As I approached my locker after Science I noticed a blonde head bobbing around at my locker, Becky. I walked over to her and smiled warmly. She on the other hand was pacing back and forth.

“Becky, it’s okay. I don’t hate you know,” I laughed.

She jumped a little upon hearing my voice before saying “I’m so sorry, I don’t know...I...I’m really, really sorry.”

“Honestly, I’m okay with it. As long as he makes you happy then I’m happy,” I said before pulling her into a hug. “Now let me tell you about the events with Jase.”