Can Of Whoop Ass

Logging onto Facebook the following morning, instantly I was met with a request to confirm my relationship with Jase. I hovered my mouse over the confirm button unsure as to whether I should click it. Being classed as his girlfriend could bring some unwanted attention my way. For one, his ‘fan girls’ would surely have their say and then I’d have people pitying me, thinking I was weak to go back. I decided not to care what anyone thought, they weren’t me or someone close to me so why did their opinion matter? With any luck, I wouldn’t have to stay Jase’s girlfriend for much longer so I decided to accept. Within seconds two people had liked this and I knew immediately who, Becky and Harvey.

“So what’s the plan? Am I gonna open a can of whoop on his ass Babycakes?” Harvey asked before he leant back and sipped his coffee.

My hot chocolate was cupped in my hands so that I could benefit from the heat the mug provided. Looking around me couples and friends were happily chattering away. The sweet smell of pastries wafted through the air. The last time I had been here it wasn’t Harvey and Becky sat across from me it was Matt. As soon as his name wandered into my mind I tried to push away the memories.

“Earth to Aimee,” Becky called.

At the sound of my name I came out of my trance. I had to remember the real reason we were there. Jase. We were here to discuss Operation Heartbreak. How we were going to crush Jase was at the top of the agenda. I was now his girlfriend which meant I had the perfect opportunity to do so.

“No you can’t whoop his ass Harvey!” I gasped.

“Wawa you never let me have any fun Aimes,” he pouted.

I didn’t know why we had even arranged this little meeting; it was obviously it wasn’t going to produce any useful ideas. My thoughts turned out to be correct when we spent the next two hours with Harvey checking girls out and talking about beating Jase up. Becky on the other hand was discussing ninjas and wedgies. How I got myself stuck with those two I will never know.

My head was boggled to say the least so when my Mom rang asking me to come home I was more than relieved. In fact I nearly started jumping up and down with joy. My Mom didn’t tell me why she wanted me home which only made me more curious? Surely if she was going to yell she would have done it there and then, wouldn’t she? As I drove home fear gripped me. What had I done?

As I entered my house it seemed eerily quiet. I couldn’t hear the usual blare of the television or even my Mom humming away. Cautiously I made my way through the hall scouting the rooms as I did so.As I reached the dining room my mouth fell open. Candles flickered around the room, glowing in the darkness like beacons. Faintly in the background my favourite band, The Script, was playing. Stood at the table looking very smart in a black suit was Jase. His lips curled up into a smile, I presume from the shocked expression on my face.

“Jase, what’s going on?” I stuttered.

“I wanted to do something nice for you Aimes. I arranged this with your Mom. Do you not like it?” he asked.

“Errmmm...No I love it,” I lied. “I’m just surprised that’s all.”

Yes I was surprised, surprised Jase was doing something like this. It should have been Matt here instead, but it wasn’t.

“Well don’t you look dapper in your suit?” I laughed. “Yet here I am in my Uggs and jeans.”

Jase moved towards me and I felt his hand on my shoulder.

“You still look beautiful Aimee. Now come sit, I’ve got your favourite.”

I stood there for a minute in awe before following Jase’s instructions. Where was the Jase and when was he coming back? This really was out of character. Hesitantly I sat down on a chair which he had pulled out for me. Maybe it was some conspiracy to trick me into something; this couldn’t actually be genuine...could it? Sure it was sweet of him to do this, but he had to be after something.

“I’m just gonna get the food and then we will start,” he grinned.

Moments later Jase came in with two silver platters. He placed one down at his place setting then the other in front of me.

“Dinner is served Madam,” he said as he lifted the platter lid.

I had to laugh at seeing the food in front of me. It was a Big Mac and fries, I’d once told him that would be my last meal if ever faced with that decision. The fact that he had even remember melted my heart slightly, until I remembered what he done to me. Surely he didn’t think McDonalds was the way to win me over, I wasn’t that easy. I began to tuck in. The Big Mac was absolutely gorgeous; each and every bite was heaven. Kudos to Jase not trying to make anything posh because let’s face it I’m not that type of girl.

“Fresh start?” Jase proposed as he raised his milkshake.

It worried me slightly that he was able to forget about the past so easily; he did not know that I knew the truth about him. Still he was able to act so guilt free; he was showing no remorse whatsoever. He was clearly more conniving than I had originally conceived him to be. Never the less I found myself nodding and raising my milkshake to his.

Over dinner things were pretty uncomfortable, conversation was rather stiff.I really didn’t want to be there, at that moment in time I would have preferred to be anywhere else in the world. I knew for my plan to work out I’d have to spend time with him; but that time would be spent bringing him down not on spontaneous ‘romantic’ gestures. Eventually we finished eating and my parents returned home. Never in my life had I been more overjoyed to see them both, they had after all just rescued me. It was all I could do to stop myself from throwing my arms around them, but I didn’t want them to think I was being too overly dramatic. One time before when I had been ‘overly dramatic’ my Mom actually asked me if I was on drugs. She’s nice like that you see.

I couldn’t wait to ring Becky and tell her about the nights events, so as soon as Jase had gone I dialled her number. Oddly, it went straight to voicemail, Becky never had her phone off. This girl had severe attachment issues with her phone. Instead I just text her.

‘Hey beautiful, had a strange evening to say the least. Ring me later love ya <3 xx’

I thought nothing more of it for the rest of the night. I was too concerned with trying to discover Jase’s intentions. Was it for real or yet another game? Either way he was going to get played. I wanted him to fall for me, like I had for him and slowly watch his world crumble. Yes it is bitchy but then he will learn not to treat girls like library books, you can’t just trade us in when you’ve finished. Actually the library book reference is a bad one for Jase I doubt he can ever read. My eyes nearly popped out of my head at the text I received.

‘Aimes, I’m so sorry...but...I think I like Thomas xx’

Well that was a shocker.