We Meet Again

I must admit I slept like a baby that night, which surprised me if I'm honest. My mind had been so full of boys, three of them to be exact, that I thought I'd have been lay there all night. This wasn't the case though and I just dozed off. When I awoke I felt rather refreshed and revitalised.

After lying there for nearly 20 minutes I decided to ring Becky to see if she fancied some shopping. I needed some retail therapy. Grabbing my phone I noticed I had a text from Jase.

'Hey babe, do you fancy a night out tomorrow? Could go Rumourz if you fancy it?'

I found myself immediately replying.

'Hey. Yeah sure that sounds like a good idea. Never been there, what time?'

'9 <3' was the reply I received.

I rang Becky instantly to inform her of the latest news.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ri- "Hello you have reached hoes for you. This is Kitty speaking how can I help?"

"Yeah I'd like a number four please. Guess what?" I squealed at an almost unrecognisable pitch.

"Don't worry Aimee. I don't need my ears for anything, that'd be a ridiculous thought," she sniggered at her own joke.

"Very funny Becky. Now come and pick me up we need to go get some gladrags. Guess where we're going tomorrow?"

"Out?" she questioned.

"Rumourz!" I squealed once again.

"Oh my gosh! Rumourz as in the biggest club in town. But how? Who?" she squeaked, just as high pitched as I had earlier.

"Don't worry Becky. I don't need my ears for anything, that'd be a ridiculous thought," I mimicked the words she had said to me only seconds earlier. "I'll explain when you pick me up. Okay? Now get your butt round here!"

                                                                           ******************

I clambered into Becky's SUV and threw myself into the passenger seat. Becky was watching me like a hawk.

"Well?" she eagerly asked.

"Why hello Becky. I'm fine thanks and you?" I muttered sarcastically.

"Wellllll?" she repeated.

"Fine," I huffed "We are going to Rumours because Jase invited us. We will be meeting him at 9. Okay got that?"

I could not make out what Becky said next. I say what she said but what I actually meant was shrieked.

"So we need to get some dresses and then go to Valentino's," I continued.

This made Becky stop shrieking and look at me with a puzzled expression on her face. "You do know Jase isn't working there until tonight?" she asked confusion ringing out in her voice.

"Yes I know. I need to invite Thomas," I said in a matter of a fact tone.

                                                                   ***********************

By the time that we pulled up to Valentino's almost two and half hours later we had picked the perfect dresses. Mine was a little purple number. It was strapless and sat about three inches above my knees. Diamantes ran across the dress just under my boobs. And I had some killer purple heels to match. Becky had gone for a little black number that made her look stunning. It was also strapless and clung to her chest before ruffling out in layers.

I jumped out of the car and jogged to the restaurant. Eagerly I pushed open the heavy, iron door and composed myself before standing in the lobby. A man with grey curly hair looked up at me suspiciously. He looked so familiar, then it hit me he must be Thomas' dad.

I cleared my throat before asking "Is Thomas around please?"

The man looked at me curiously before replying "One second dear, I'll just go and get him for you."

After abut five minutes Thomas appeared looking very excited. His eyes sparkled as they met mine.

"Hey Aimee, what can I do for you?" he grinned.

"Hey. I was just wondering whether you wanted to go out again? Me and my friend are heading to Rumourz tomorrow night," I paused. "If you don't fancy it's okay," I sighed trying to force as much fake disappointment into my voice as I spoke.

"Nah of course I'd love to come. What time?" he asked rather too enthusiastically.

"Nine. We'll meet you there. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I smiled before giving him a kiss on the cheek and leaving the restaurant.