So What?

After a few brief minutes on thinking, I finally came up with an idea so wrong but so essential that I nearly jumped off my chair when I thought of it. The first thing I needed to do was text Jase and invite him over for ‘talks’. I quickly found my phone and started to text.

"Thank God I didn't pulverize the thing," I said to myself thankfully.

‘Hey baby, I miss u, wanna come over 2 my place?’ I text.

A few minutes later, I got a reply

‘Hey Aimes, missed you too ;) Sure I'll be there at 7 okay?’

I nearly threw up in my mouth a little, I hated when he called me Aimes but all is fair in love in war right?...well, maybe just war in this case. There was no way that love had anything to do with this, I was positive about that.

Next step: text Thomas. Yes, I was doing what Matt did to me, think of it as an extremely cruel irony.

‘Hey baby, wanna come over 2nite?’ I quickly text him.

Literally thirty seconds later, I got a reply

'Sure! I'll be there around 7:30, sound okay?’

He's a bit...clingy I thought to myself, but never the less, I text him back.

'Great, see you soon ;)’

I then popped into the shower and gave myself a good scrub; I had to admit, it felt good. It felt like I was washing away all the broken and ugly memories and of course...HIM!

I decided not to dwell on Matt any longer and turned on the radio to prevent any other thoughts from getting into my head. Thankfully, as if the radio read my mind, So What by P!nk came on and I decided to sing along.

"I guess I just lost my husband, I dont know where he went. So I'm gonna drink my money, I'm not gonna pay his rent. I gotta a brand new attitude and I'm gonna wear it tonight. I'm going to get in trouble, wanna start fight. I wanna start a fight. I WANNA START A FIGHT!

I immediately turned up the volume to full, which must have annoyed the neighbors, and danced away.

“So, So What? I’m still a rock star,

I got my rock moves and I don’t need you,

And guess what? I’m having more fun

And now that we’re done,

I’m going to show you tonight I’m alright,

I’m just fine and you’re a tool.

So, So What? I am a rock star

I got my rock moves

And I don’t want you tonight.”

It felt good to let my anger out; I was amazed at how much the song related to me.

“The waiter just took my table and gave it to Jessica Simp- SHIT!

I guess I’ll go sit with drum boy, at least he’ll know how to hit.

What if this song’s on the radio? Then somebody’s gonna die.

I’m gonna get in trouble, my ex is gonna start a fight.

He’s gonna start a fight.

WE’RE ALL GONNA GET IN A FIGHT!

So, So What? I’m still a rock star,

I got my rock moves and I don’t need you,

And guess what? I’m having more fun

And now that we’re done,

I’m going to show you tonight I’m alright,

 I’m just fine and you’re a tool.

So, So What? I am a rock star

I got my rock moves

And I don’t want you tonight.

You weren’t fair, you never were.

You weren’t at all, but that’s not fair!

I gave you life, I gave my all,

you weren’t fair, you let me fall!”

I paused for a minute as I realized that the verse not only referred to Jase but it also, in a way, referred to Matt, both of them claimed that they “cared” for me and then they ripped my heart out. But I quickly dismissed those thoughts and returned to singing.

“So, So What? I’m still a rock star,

I got my rock moves and I don’t need you, and guess what?

I’m having more fun and now that we’re done,

I’m going to show you tonight I’m alright, I’m just fine and you’re a tool.

So, So What? I am a rock star

I got my rock moves and I don’t want you tonight.

I’m going to show you tonight I’m alright,

I’m just fine and you’re a tool.

So, So What? I am a rock star I got my rock moves and I don’t want you tonight.”

As soon as I had on my sexy, and indeed saucy, outfit, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:00 PM. Exactly two seconds later, I heard the knock. “This is it” I said to myself as I walked to the door. Tonight the game will really begin and by the time day comes back around, it will already be over.

Well guys this chapter was written by CiaranHehir! So thank you! This wasn't an idea I'd thought of so can't wait to see where it takes me. Don't forget to check out CiaranHehir's stories, especially the Final Destination one where Jase's fate could be in one of your hands! =)