one direction and stigmas

[ dedicated to taylorselites because she probably agrees ]

[]

hi.

if you don't know already, i am a hardcore directioner.

i like one direction a lot.

go read through my message board, you'll definitely see it's true.

and i would really like to discuss why the heck one direction fans are so overly stereotyped in social media and pop culture.

i was watching a youtube video, (onision speaks- why do people hate acacia brinley) and the person called directioners some not nice things.

"so i'm definitely calling you brainless. they are talentless, and make horrible music, but you all worship them because of their looks."

well, well, well.

first off, i'd like to make the point;

they will always be more talented than one hundred percent of the people that critize them for being talentless.

how sicky ironic.

and yes, i understand; one direction produces a certain type of music, and if you don't like that type of music, you won't like one direction. 

but where does the stigmas come from?

so...you're telling me...that because i really love five boys..from england and ireland...and appreciate their beautiful music that they spend loads and loads of time on..i am suddenly a stupid, brainless idiot who just likes them because i think they're hot?

you got all of that from my favorite band?

haha.

well, you're wrong.

one) i've won writing competitions. i have a poem published. i have a's in all my classes. i have an exquisite vocabulary. i'm top of my class. i'm already talking to ap teachers, and i'm four years away from being able to take their class. i'm not stupid.

two) they are all beautiful, but i actually really fell in love with them, and their music. listen to their cover of viva la vida on xfactor when you're nine and tell me about how you feel.

i find these stigmas pitiful.

i didn't realize you could tell that much about someone from what kind of music they like.

and uh-huh, i understand that directioners are possibly one of largest, most deadliest fandoms, and that you're probably just intimidated by our the collective power of our intelligence and our impact on social media and pop culture, but attacking us won't help.

it only makes us stronger.

i mean...

you're up against a bunch of teenage girls, teenage guys, young adults, adults of all genders, and four mega-stars, including a bunch of stars who support the band just like us.

and you?

you and what army...a bunch of shallow idiots who think they can judge a person on their favorite music?

yeah.

[]