plagiarism

plagiarismnoun

the practice of taking someone's work and passing them off as one's own.

for starters, i'd like to discuss the matter of what is inspired by and what is copied.

there are a million stories in the great realm of literature, and you are probably never going to have a perfectly original idea. most ideas were paved by mythology or sonnets thousands of years ago. but when someone chooses specific characters or traits to give those characters or simply their names themselves- that is what originality is.

i don't care if you decide you like a font and use it in your own or if you like a name and put it for a different character.

but when you directly copy someone else's words and characters and full storyline, that is a whole different story.

if you are going to go on wattpad and find a story that is relatively popular and then copy and paste the entire thing and publish under whatever stupid alias you go by- that is copying, aka plagiarism, which is punishable by law.

and really, just annoying.

you, i can assume by your absolute lack of creativeness and artful thinking, are a relatively stupid individual for thinking you can get away with it.

we, in a subjective way, are a very tight-knit group, us dm authors.

if you copy one of us, you will most likely get all of our wrath.

it's rude.

it's mean.

it's taking all the work that the rightful author did and discrediting it.

it's disgusting, it's in no way funny, nor is it smart or witty to steal, and it's really hilarious to me that people think that the original author will just not notice.

funny.

and how stupid.

so how about we all quit it, and make our own beautiful stories with our own beautiful minds and beautiful ideas.

people who can't?

why did you even sign up?

and to the person that may copy because they are too scared to express themselves-

go read the first couple chapters of wanderlust. it's terrible.

but it's MY ideas, and MY writing.

and i worked on it.

and now i'm here.

and you're getting owned by a bunch of teenagers over social media.

[]

taylorselites

you're too good, victoria. maybe they just like your stories so much it takes over their right-or-wrong way of thinking. honestly. hilarious.