VIII

Cassidy's P.O.V

I woke up and felt an ache down my back, I groaned and felt the body next to groan too. I could hear the heavy rain from outside and loud thunder "fucking hell" I said, soon regretting my choice of words "don't worry I'll let it slide this time" said the gorgeous man next to me. "Movies and cuddling today?" I ask, he nods and gets out of bed, I sit up and wince but I get a glance at his perfect ass.

He picks me up and sets me in the tub, it makes the pain subside for a bit. "Aren't you going to join me?" I ask when daddy comes back, he shakes his head no. "I have to make us snacks if we're watching movies and cuddling all day plus you're still recovering from last night" I nod and he kisses my head "im ready to get out" I say and hold myself up while he wraps a towel around me and carries me bridal style to bed.

"I'll be back, I have to make a quick run to the grocery store. I prefer you naked but you look warmer in clothes" he strokes my cheek "come back soon I miss you already" I say with a pout oln making him chuckle and kiss my lips before he is out the door. I sigh and manage to walk over to my closet to get my pink bunny onesie. I sit in bed and turn on the tv, my favorite show is on. My eyes feel heavy and so I fall asleep.

I'm awoken by another body laying next to me. Daddy is home "sorry princess this storm is bad" i take his hand in mine which is cold "you're cold daddy, come I'll make you warm" he gets under the blanket with me and i start rubbing small circles on the palm of his hands. He moves his body so his head is laying on my stomach, I play with his damp hair and he is entertained by the tv. "Why wasn't your dad at dinner with us yesterday?" I suddenly ask.

He tenses and I wish I never asked "he.." he sighs "he died when I was 16" I can hear the pain in his voice. "I'm sorry baby doll" he sits up and engulfs me in a hug. I hear him sniffle and realize he is crying on my shoulder. I have to be strong for him. I pull away and wipe the tears falling from his beautiful blue eyes "maybe it was my fault" he says "no don't you dare speak like that. he's in a better place now, you guys will see each other again someday okay?"

He nods and I kiss his cheek. After everything is calm, we start watching tv and eating snacks well we throw them at each other. "Oh my god Cassidy stop" he says "you started it Vince" we laugh in unison. I love these days. "How is your back and that pretty little head of yours?" I lay my head on his lap "everything is good" I say honestly. As I scroll through the drop dead website i sigh "that is your fifth sigh, what's wrong?" I can sense the concern in his voice.

"Nothing" I say, he takes my phone and look at what I was looking at. "Do you want this stuff or something?" I shake my head no. "None sense I just bought it" I kiss him "yeah, yeah you love me now" I giggle and crawl next to him. He wraps his arms around me and I notice the tattoo on his wrist "what's this?" I pull on his long sleeve shirt "its for my dad" he says and I notice the date of birth and death. "This is so boring" I get out of bed.

"Your nap time is in 30 minutes" he taps his watch and I groan "lets play with my stuffies" I grab his hand and pull him into my baby blue colored room. I pick out my purple teddy, my unicorn and doll. "What are we playing?" He asks "hide and seek" I smile "okay i'll count then you hide" he turns around and I run out of my room oblivious to where I was going, I open a closet door and keep quiet "ready or not here i come" I love hearing his voice. I can't contain myself so I burst into a fit of giggles.

The closet door opens and I squeal running under his legs and trying to escape but he catches me. "Here's my little girl and here's her snack before nap time" he hands me a Nutella and Peanut Butter sandwich, "thank you" i say "anything for my little girl" I smile down on him, he's the best thing thats ever happened to me. Once I've eaten my snack and drank my juice i struggle to fall asleep "daddy" I yell in tears.

I can hear his footsteps on the stairs and he comes into the room. "Princess what's wrong?" I can sense the concern, "I need you to sleep with me" my bottom lip trembles "please daddy" he removes his shoes and climbs into bed with me, hugging me close to his chest and kissing my head. "Its okay princess Cassidy, you're okay" I sniffle and smile. My eyes become heavy and soon I am fast asleep in his chest. I dream about unicorns and rainbows, when I wake up daddy is watching tv.

I stretch and he pulls away "I feel cold now" I whine "what will you do without me" he chuckles and I shrug I refuse to let myself think about it. "I have to run to the store again" he says casually "im coming" I run into our closet and grab a black windbreaker with some black jeans and some vans. "Ready?" He asks at the door "im ready" i smile, we walk outside and its pouring rain only reminding me of how poor I was before and trips to the shop weren't frequent that was before she let him take me away and hurt me.

I shake the thoughts out of my head and climb into the passenger seat, daddy turns on the heat and we shiver. "Its quite cold out today" I mutter "indeed" he says, he actually listened. Once we are off on our journey, the rain somewhat lightens up but its still pouring. Finding a parking spot was hell, everyone decided to go shopping today. Once we were finally parked, daddy grabbed his wallet and got out first.

He made me put my hoodie on before and then picked me up, he ran to the entrance and I giggled like always which only made him kiss me, when he pulled away I whined. "What are we getting daddy?" I held his hand and he held mine, "just some tea, some juice, some milk, cereal and a treat for my little munchkin" I nod. 5 minutes into shopping and I already spot something i like "daddy can I get this please?" I ask "no, please go put it back" he says "but daddy!" I tell making him bend down a little "you're being a brat, I suggest you put it back"

"No" I don't know what has gotten into me, people are staring, "if thats how you want to play it then alright its your choice" he picks me up and we walk to a bathroom, he locks the door and I don't even begin to apologize. Once my pants have been unbuttoned and pulled down he asks me "if I have anything to say for myself" but I just shake my head no. "Very well then" he smacks my ass with his large hand making me hold back tears that hurt. The second smack comes down even harder but I keep myself together.

Once he lands one finale smack on my now red arse, I burst into tears. He pulls my pants up and I wince, we exit and im a sobbing mess. I tug on his nice jacket and make grabby hands when he looks at me. He sighs but picks me up anyways, I cry into his shoulder "I-I'm sorry daddy" I say "I know baby" he kisses my head "but you embarrassed me and talked back, bad girls get punished" i pick my head up and he wipes my tears "all better?" He asks and I nod with a sniffle.

"Good, lets finish up" he puts me down and grabs my hand. Once everything we need is in the basket we stand in line at a cash register, the looks these ladies are giving my daddy has me feeling uncomfortable. "Kiss, kiss" I beg and he leans down to kiss me "I love you princess" he makes my heart melt "I love you too". There's a girl at the register and she is very pretty but I bite my tongue, "it'll be 25.60" she says after scamming the last item. Daddy takes out his wallet and pays.

I grab a hold of some bags and wait patiently for daddy. When everything is in the trunk i sigh in relief, "today was successful except you were bad and those women were burning holes through my skull with their looks" I laugh "yeah I was not very happy" i turn on the radio and sing along to some songs. I'm really starting to enjoy my life finally.