15- denial

"My soulmate? I don't think so. It's probably a spell disfunction, I mean we all know you aren't exactly great at magic eh, potter?"
"I guess I could of made a mistake. Maybe it trapped the person closest to you at the time rather than your soulmate."
"Trapped? Potter, anyone lucky enough to constantly be so close to me can consider themselves anything other than trapped." Draco gloated, lips curling into his usual smirk.
Harry rolled his eyes.
"Whatever malfoy. Look we need to stay together until we are certain that-"
"Go to hell, potter. I can't stand being so close to you for so long; I might catch some Kind of disease. I'm outta here."
Draco turned on his heel and began to stride away before he imitated Harry's previous collapse. He curse loudly before stumbling over to Harry.
"I guess you're right. You'll have to stay in my room tonight potter"
"Why do I have to sleep in your room, why can you come to mine?"
Harry protested with a childlike sulk.
"Because potter," Draco began with a smile "I have a private room to myself. You share your dorm with others." Draco screwed his face up in disgust as he said the word "share"; it was a concept he was not quite familiar with- his whole life he had been given things all to himself.
"You have your own room?!" Harry spluttered
"Yes potter, I do."
Draco led Harry to the slytherin common room - obviously Harry was hidden under his invisibility cloak- Draco wasn't that stupid.
Draco walked over to a wooden arched door opposite the door leading to the regular dormitories. He led Harry up a stone spiral staircase until they reached three doors.
"I'm not the only one with a private room. Myself and two others are tutors to the younger years , so we are provided a room." Draco said, spotting Harry's questioning look. Harry nodded curtly.

Draco strode toward the door at the end and touched a tile in the wall beside it twice. The tile drew back leaving a gap in the stone wall. Something shiny and metallic emerged and Harry looked closer to see that it was a shiny metal snake- about the size of Harry's thumb- which had been charmed to slither around the gap and make small almost inaudible hissing noises, darting it's forked silver tongue out occasionally.

The snake hissed at Draco before demanding softly "password?"

"Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" Draco said in a clear voice. Harry remembered hearing this phrase before at some point during first year. It translated from Latin to "never tickle a sleeping dragon" "correct." The snake hissed humorously.

"secondly; the second password?" "Lucius." Draco almost whispered, eyes down and face grave and solemn. "Correct." The snake slithered out of the gap and onto the door, changing into a keyhole. Draco pulled out a silver key from his pocket before letting them both in.

"Security , much?" Harry asked incredulously "yes potter, curtesy of me. I value privacy above all things. I rarely let anyone up here, to be frank." God knows how someone got that loophole book to me , Draco thought with a worried expression. Harry thought the overly secure security was ridiculous, but all that vanished when he walked over the threshold.

Another charm Draco had previously placed. When Harry first glimpsed the room as Draco had opened the door was a small , plain, cream coloured room with a bed, a desk, and a bookshelf, but as soon as Harry crossed the threshold the room changed into a hexagon shaped room with doors on each side.

The hexagon shaped room was dimly lit with candles floating by the ceiling, and was painted a crimson red. Harry cast Draco a wary but puzzled look. "The teachers and people I tutor often pay me a visit, unfortunately , and I HATE people seeing my personal things, so I magic up that shitty room. Don't look so shocked, potter, I have a lot of free time to learn new spells." Harry nodded, quite taken aback; Draco was much better than he thought.

"Ok. Rooms. Room one is the bathroom." He pointed to a door next to the room they'd just walked through as a number appeared on the door.  "Two is the lounge. Three is my study, and four is my bedroom. I have expanded this place a lot so don't be shocked at the size. Obviously six is the way out. Feel free to leave as soon as possible." Draco sneered the last part and Harry rolled his eyes, but then furrowed his brows "what about five? You skipped five."

"Five is my personal room. Don't go in there. Not that you'd get past all the lock charms but still. Don't."  Harry nodded "er.. So where am I sleeping?" Harry asked awkwardly. "Huh, I didn't really think of that." "Well you said you've got a lounge, can't I sleep on the sofa?" Draco cringed "I sit there everyday I don't want your germs all over it!" He screwed his face up in disgust.

"Well what malfoy, you'd prefer me to sleep in your bed?" Harry snapped and Draco blushed slightly, eyes blazing with anger. "Fine, potter, sleep on the sofa, but don't get used to it. First thing tomorrow we'll talk to Snape about it. Night." He left Harry for a brief moment to go into his bedroom before returning into the hallway to thrust a beige blanket at him.

"There are cushions already on the sofa. Don't touch anything other than the sofa, break anything and I'll break your neck. Goodnight potter." He slammed the bedroom door once again leaving Harry alone in the hall.

Harry shuffled over to the door Draco had told him was the living room and opened it to see a generously sized yellow room. There were many lit floating candles in here , like in the hallway and furthermore the great hall. They were obviously charmed to remain lit constantly. Harry spotted the sofa and slouched over to it with a yawn. It was a leather burgundy sofa with some blood red cushions perched on it. Harry sat on the sofa with a bored expression for about thirty seconds before giving the room a curious glance. There must be something he could do to pass the time, right?

Christmas chapter will be posted tomorrow hopefully. Please vote comment and share as it means s lot and I'm trying to get to 500 votes before 2016! Thanks for reading :) -nalajayne