28- The burrow

"Mrs weasley.. I'm sure you've met Draco before?"
Everyone held their breath; Mrs weasley could easily refuse to let Draco stay for Christmas; he was the son of lucius malfoy; the man who had insulted the weasley family many times.

Mrs weasley inspected Draco for a moment before her face split into a cheery smile. "Hello Draco, dear. Any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine." She held him at arms length with a frown. "You look a little peaky, love."

She tutted "you need some meat on your bones." She shook a finger at him naggingly and he chuckled nervously. "Nice to meet you, Mrs weasley." He said with a small smile, eyes darting to Harry awkwardly. "The Christmas Eve feast will be ready soon. I'm sorry but I'll have to leave you four to it; it's Christmas tomorrow and there is so much  to be done! Ron show them to their rooms, love, and you can all help yourselves to anything."

Mrs weasley bustled away in a hurry and Ron cleared his throat. "C'mon then, I'll show you where you're all sleeping."

They walked up many flights of stairs before hermione stopped as they passed ginnys room. "Wait am I not sleeping with ginny like last time?" Ron shook his head awkwardly "ginnys friend is staying over for Christmas too.. Um.." Ron blushed "you don't mind sleeping in my room, do you? As a friend?" Hermione rolled her eyes "of course I don't mind."

Ron nodded, looking relieved. "Ok, Harry, Draco, you're in the spare room. There's only one bed; you'll have to share." They nodded, eyes meeting.

As they walked up an extra flight of stairs to put their bags in their room, Draco pulled Harry to the side. He kissed Harry's lips gently.

They pressed their heads together, both smiling.

Draco kissed Harry's neck, nipping at the skin and Harry shuddered.

"Draco..?"

"Hmm?"

"You're on my foot"

Draco drew back with red cheeks.

"Sorry" he mumbled and they walked into their room and dropped their bags into the bed before bounding downstairs to rons room , where he and hermione were sat awfully close to each other, reading the prophet.

Harry cleared his throat.

"Why'd you guys look so pissy?"

Hermione thrust the prophet at Harry and he sat with Draco next to them and looked at the front page.

In huge bold letters on the front page read

'THE BOY WHO LIVED SEEN HOLDING HANDS WITH THE SON OF VALUED MINISTRY WORKER LUCIUS MALFOY'

"Shit."

Below the heading was a picture of Harry in hogsmeade with pansy and Draco, holding hands.

Harry instantly recognised the situation and realised that it was the day they'd gone into hogsmeade with pansy and Colin. Who wasn't in the picture; which meant that the only person who could of took the picture was-

"That fucking prick! When I get my hands on creevey, he's dead meat. I knew he couldn't be trusted!"

Harry gave Draco a sad smile "dray it's fine- it's just the prophet- most people stopped reading that last year."

"Yes; but my mother and father still do!"

"Calm down, Draco. All you need to worry about now is what a great Christmas we are all gonna have. Worry about that later." Hermione said and Draco sighed, shoulders drooping. "Alright."

-

"Are you sure you don't want another turkey leg, Draco dear?"

"No thankyou, Mrs weasley, I think three was quite enough. Im stuffed. That was lovely."

"Oh, thankyou, love; it wasn't my best but I tried."

"No, it really  was lovely."

"Thankyou! Such a polite young man. Alright, off to bed all of you- you'll need a good nights kip before tomorrow."

They trudged upstairs and to bed.

-

It was a warm night- Draco kept waking up- he kicked his half of the duvet away and accidentally uncovered Harry slightly; gasping as he realised that Harry wasn't wearing pyjamas- or anything.

Ah I hoped you liked it! Sorry it's not that long I'll make the next one longer. Hope you liked it though. If you haven't already, please do take the time to go read my 🆕 drarry fic: sweetheart 'which contains drunken Draco and Ron, Harry obsessed Draco and a very cocky Harry who likes to call Draco sweetheart during each of their awkward encounters.' Please vote and comment , thanks for reading.
Until the next update-
Nala