16- At the bottom of my bed

Draco woke the next morning with Ray's of annoying sunlight pouring into his room. He squinted around before leaping up up as he heard soft snoring and something tickle his foot. He looked down in horror to see that Harry Potter had slept in his room last night. Of course, they could only be several steps away.

He looked to the foot of his bed to see Harry curled up like a cat at the bottom of his bed, snoring softly and cuddling up to dracos duvet.

Draco admired the boy for a short second- he was in fact quite cute. Draco shook it off, dragging his precious duvet from the boys vice like grip, causing the boy to stir in his sleep.
"Potter" Draco snarled. The boy didn't move. He lifted the bed, upturning it and feeling a thump as the boy fell to the floor with a pained groan.

"What the fuck?!" Harry exclaimed angrily, glaring daggers up at Draco and rubbing his head (which he had quite painfully landed on) Draco narrowed his eyes at the raven haired boy, greeting him with the same level of anger. "what the fuck to you, dickhead, what are you doing sleeping in my bed, you perve?" Draco questioned, knowing all too well why the boy was sleeping in his room.

"I began getting the jolts when I was sleeping. They were less bad than earlier; but they grew more painful each second.. I'm Sorry." Draco inspected the boy- in a scruffy adorable heap on the floor, disheveled hair, glasses askew and a lop sided frown.

His  eyes softened at the boys honest apology , but he shook it off- this boy made his skin crawl- he detested this boy, the way he was admired by everyone just because he was brave and average looking. Even as Draco thought this he knew it was a lie- the boy was gorgeous. "It's understandable. But just don't let it happen again unless absolutely necessary."

Harry jerked his head in a stiff nod, fidgeting on the spot awkwardly. "Good now that we've got that sorted." Draco smiled, catching Harry off guard. "You want breakfast? M'starving!" Harry's eyes lit up in an adorable way as Draco grinned back at him.

Harry scrambled up from his not so comfortable and undecided spot on dracos cream carpet and flashed Draco a relieved grin. "Agreed, let's go." They walked down to the great hall, oblivious to the strange looks they were receiving from on goers.

Draco malfoy and Harry Potter walking together, smiling and chatting? Preposterous.  When they entered Harry realised he'd have to sit at the slytherin table as draco would rather shoot himself in the foot than sit with the 'gryfindorks' as he liked to call them.

His eyes fell on Ron and hermione who watched in shock as he walked to the other side of the hall. He trailed behind Draco, mouthing sorry to Ron and hermione who gaped at him  before slumping down in the seat beside Draco.

It took mere seconds for Snape to stride up and stick his abnormally large nose into the situation. "Potter. This is the slytherin table. Move at once." He snarled and Harry opened his mouth to reply but Draco answered for him.

"Sir, har-erm-potter must sit with me until certain issues are resolved." Snape cocked an eyebrow in mock interest "oh and what would those 'certain issues' be, Draco?"

"We shall discuss them shortly if you don't mind, sir." Draco nodded, shooting Harry a distasteful look before walking away moodily.

Harry glanced around uncomfortably at the people around him. Pansy Parkinson gave him a confused look before turning back to Blaise and whispering something that sounded an awful lot like 'why the duck is he sat here?" Draco poured himself a glass of pumkin juice while looking at Harry with an uncertain glance.

He spilled a bit on Harry's hand and blushed "sorry.." Harry wiped his hand off with a smile "er it's fine." They ate in silence after that and Harry just wanted the ground to open up and swallow him whole; he had never felt so awkward and out of place.

They left the great hall when Harry began studying the boys features with fascination. Draco noticed with flushed cheeks and raked a pale hand through his blonde hair, causing a tuft of hair to fall over his silver eyes.

Harry reached out and tucked the hair behind the blondes ear , his hand lingering on the boys face for a bliss second, their eyes meeting with equally warm gazes. Their foreheads were pressed against each other and they were close Enough  now that both could feel the others shaky breath ghosting faintly over their lips.

The intimate moment between the two was cut shortly as they heard someone clear their throat behind them. They sprang apart as realisation washed over them like a wave of shock. Right. They were still in the entrance hall. And they 'hated' each other.

They turned to see Snape looking between the two of them with an unsettled look. "What was it you wanted to discuss?" Draco looked at him uneasily "can we discuss it in your office, please?" Snape gave a curt nod before leading them to his office.

"So.. Um.. I was trying to regain my powers-" snapes tutted "should've known.." "- and obviously I found the soulmate loophole." Snape nodded "so when we were tutoring each other, potter suggested that I cast a soulmate charm. I did and..er.."

"Spit it out, Draco, I don't have all day." "I think soulmate.. But that can be changed , right, I don't have to y'know..?" "I'm afraid to say, Draco, that though there are loopholes in the law you can't find a loophole in a loophole.

No kind of strong magic can break the charm. I can check with professor mcgonnagal and professor dumbledore; but i highly doubt it." The boys exchanged knowing glances. "So, I take it you two have been sleeping in your dorm, Draco?" Draco nodded. "Ok. As this is urgent , I think we should see professor dumbledore right away."

1023 words for chapter sixteen. I managed to update wooooh :3 still in a bit of pain from the motorbike accident but shit happens , right? Thanks for all being so supportive and understanding it means a lot!! :3 don't forget to comment and vote, a single vote makes a difference 😊
Thanks for reading.
-nala