39- Laylas return

39- Layla's return

"So... Layla killed L-Luna because Neville told us about the emotional blackmail?" Ron mused

"Mhm"

"And layla put a love potion on me, and was going to kill you, hermione?"

"Yep"

"And it was her who tried to kill Harry?"

"Yes."

"Not to mention," Draco chipped in dully "she cause me to lose my powers."

Ron looked thoroughly shook up
"What a bitch.. Why do I attract the weirdos?" He sighed and hermiones head shot up, nostrils flared .

"What's that supposed to mean?" She said in a dangerous tone

"I didn't mean you! I meant y'know, lavender, romilda and layla, c'mon hermione I love you."

"Ok, whatever. That's not the key issue at hand."

"Agreed, granger. Look my sister- she plays games. You play along and you may just win- but you turn the tables and you're playing with fire- you'll either get burned or-"

"Or you put out the fire." Hermione finished, earning a nod from Draco.

"So.. What does that mean? We tell dumbledore? Snape-?"

"No, Ron. We have to kill her."

"I-I'm not a bloody murderer!"

"Someone has died tonight Ron. Our friend. That is irreversible. She won't stop until she has got what she wants. We need to kill her."

"But how do we get away with it? Incase you didn't know, murder is kinda frowned upon!"

"He's right, Draco, what do we do? And Harry? He doesn't remember anything!"

"What does she even want? C'mon Draco, you must have some sort of clue?"

Draco averted his eyes, looking more vulnerable than he'd ever appeared to them.

*Flashback* (chapter 22 if curious)

"Look Draco we have been looking for hours.. We need to rest." Dracos eyes softened. "I guess.. I just wish I could break the spell." Draco sighed exasperatedly "You can.." Harry replied sleepily. Draco gave Harry a questioning look before his eyes widened comically with realisation.

"Oh." Draco blushed, averting his gaze. "I um don't think that.." Draco looked down at his hands, fidgeting awkwardly. Harry sighed. "Draco, we have almost shagged twice now. The first excuse was that you hated me and that it was because of the stupid lust potion, and the next was-" "because we got walked in on?" "No. You were hesitant before. You looked almost relieved." Harry dropped his gaze back to the book sadly, ending the conversation.

For the next few minutes both boys fell into a silence full of tension. Draco was the first to speak, voice heavy and uncertain. "I'm sorry, Harry." Harry looked up at Draco, before closing his eyes as if trying to process what Draco had said. He reopened them with a wary look.

"What's your excuse this time? I mean, your father will kill you, you have to stay within three feet of me at all times AND you have no powers, and ALL of that can be avoided if you stop holding back. I'm not forcing you, 'm just saying its a bit odd if I'm honest. Am I that disgusting to you that you would rather sit here flicking through ancient books for the answer rather than do what we have both wanted for so long?"

When Draco didn't reply, Harry sighed deeply, letting his his shoulders droop. "Look, I would understand if you told me why." Draco still didn't say anything, looking down at his hands as if they were the most interesting thing he had ever seen. "Is there something you're not telling me?" Draco made a soft sobbing sound and when Harry looked at dracos lap he saw a single tear splash to the boys lap.

"Has someone hurt you?" Draco flinched at this before allowing his head to fall into his hands, sobbing quietly. He looked up at Harry, his cheeks flushed and eyes wet. "Please don't make me talk about it.. Not yet." Harry nodded, wrapping his arms around dracos waist. "I've never told anyone, not even pansy." Draco said, his voice hoarse.

"Ok. I'm sorry for bringing it up." Harry kissed Draco gently. "You want to go put the books back and head to bed?" Draco nodded, wiping his eyes. He was quite embarrassed at having cried in front of Harry- his whole life his father had told him that boys shouldn't cry or they are weak- but Harry wasn't mocking him at all.

Draco fell asleep in Harry's arms that night, Harry's hair tickling his neck and his warm breath fanning over him. He had never felt so safe and secure that he didn't want to sleep- he didn't want this warm overwhelming feeling that was deep inside him to go but eventually his eyelids grew heavier and he dropped into a deep peaceful sleep.

*Flashback over*

Salty teardrops splashed onto dracos lap , as hermione and Ron watched silently.

"Why did you never tell anyone?" Hermione whispered in a hoarse voice.

"I always blamed myself... So ashamed.." Draco sobbed, bowing his head.

"That's why you were scared to rush into things?" Ron asked quietly , earning a nod from draco.

"People always assume that girls are the victims and boys are just w-weak but-" Draco cut himself off, bursting into a fresh flood of tears.

After several minutes of silence other than dracos small sniffles he spoke.

"You two are the first to ever know.. I haven't even told Harry yet, I didn't want him to think of me as less.."

This was really hard to include In the story because it's a subject I'm sensitive about but I felt like it was necessary for personal reasons also I Deteste the whole sexism thing so here we go.. I didn't want to go into too much detail because there may be younger readers and I am not In any way comfortable with writing about it for personal reasons. Sorry if you think I shouldnt have had it this way but i feel like it's necessary.