46- preparation

It was the day before the summer holidays and harry and ron had gone out to hogsmeade to do some last minute 'shopping' also known as going to drink one or eight firewhiskeys and then attempt to act sober so that Hermione didn't hex the shit out of them.

Hermione and draco were sat in the gryffindor common room alone, fire flickering and curtains drawn, discussing in hushed voices about how exactly draco was going to pop the question to harry.

He had bought a ring from diagon alley, he had even prepared a cute little speech for his boyfriend, but he wanted the setting its self to be both romantic, unique and memorable and he knew that hermione would be extrodinarily helpful with that , considering that she was not only brainy but also a sucker for romantic gestures, so she was the perfect candidate, and so he'd let her in on his elaborate plan to propose to the boy who lived.

"Oooh god I can't believe that you're going to do it this Friday night draco... We've been planning for so long and its finally going to happen! Eeeeeeeee! I can't wait!" Hermione squealed in a rather unhermione styled tone.

"Jeesh, granger, you're acting as if it is you who's getting married!" Draco scoffed with a smirk. He walked over to the window, unlatching it with a click and pulling out some hand rolled tobacco out of his pocket.

"Jesus, draco, I thought you were cutting down?"

"i am!" He protested as she arched an eyebrow "well why are you back to hand rolled baccy? Surely prerolled cigs would help you cut down as there's less for more money?" She interrogated, as he rolled his eyes with a smirk.

"Well, actually, Hermione," draco began , placing the now rolled fag between his lips and lighting the end "if I have to ROLL it myself, I'm far more reluctant to whip out a cig every two minutes. Think about it. "  Draco said with a grin and a wink.

Hermione huffed. "Well I suppose you're right. Just, when you harry do adopt a child, it won't be good for it!" Hermione nagged and draco almost choked on his cigarette.

"W-what?!" He yelped and hermione just rolled her eyes. "Well, y'know its gonna happen one day."

"But... I can't be a " draco gulped "dad."

Hermione sighed heavily

"Just because you haven't had a good role model , that does not  mean that you won't be an amazing dad. Same goes for harry, I think you'll be fine. But don't panic, that won't be for a while."