21- The best potions partner

Draco and Harry were fifteen minutes late to potions. It hadn't meant to happen, but it did. They had though it was great to go to the library before potions to look up more information about the spell; but now , as they dragged themselves- quite quickly- down to the dungeons, they began to regret it.

"Shit he's gonna kill us.." Draco sighed, letting go of Harry's hand as they neared the door. "Correction." Harry began, stopping outside the door. "He will kill just me. He loves you." "No, not lately." The door was opened and Snape was stood in the door way "I could hear your..pleasant.. Tones a mile off. In, the both of you."

Snape stood aside to give them room to get past. When they dawdled his eyes narrowed. "Now!" He hissed impatiently and they rushed in and sat at their desk at the back. "Thank you both for gracing us all with your presence. Books out and turn to page 394." Snape paused, inspecting the two late comers with narrowed eyes.

"Stay behind after the lesson, both of you." They nodded sullenly and Snape began to talk to the whole class rather than directly them two. "Read section four for the next ten minutes and then I had a different task for your narrow minds if you can manage that. You may begin."

There was a rustle of paper as Draco and Harry searched for the right bit before they settled down with the rest of the class who looked equally a disinterested as they did.

Harry scanned the page woth boredom, drumming the fingers on the table. It was titled "how to perfect any remedy or potion" and below it was a list of points such as "Always have a clean cauldron.
Always have all ingredients ready.
Use the exact amount.
More is less, less is more.
Do not mix potions.
Stay focuses."
And so on.
After ten minutes Snape stopped the class and stood by his desk.

"Now, today , you will be working with your assigned partners. I will hand out slips of paper with different potions written on and the page the potion is on in the book. you will be making the potion for your partner to drink- there are four different types of potions being made- you and your partner may help each other, but you MUST make separate potions."

"ingredients you may collect from the cupboard; however, if anyone uses an incorrect amount I will personally keep you behind cleaning each and every cauldron in this room. By hand."

Snape handed each person a slip. Harry unfolded his to see in neat handwriting "ageing potion, page 653" he looked over at dracos piece of parchment which said "laugh-inducing potion, page 429"

They flipped their separate books to the correct pages and began collecting their ingredients from the cupboard together. Half an hour later, and dracos laugh-inducing potion was brewed to perfection and was steaming, the exact shade of red expected; however, Harry's ageing potion which was supposed to be a subtle green was in fact a murky grey- frothing rather than steaming.

Harry sighed in frustration comparing dracos correct potion to his abomination in dismay. Draco inched closer with a clever smile. "Ah, I see your mistake; don't worry I've done the same countless times. Try stirring clockwise twice and adding skrewt venom." Harry did so and continued to stir it until it began to resemble its correct form, much to Harry's delight and appreciation "thanks!" He beamed at Draco as Snape cleared his throat.

"Your time is up. Switch potions." "Harry read the instructions of his potion. "you each need a single drop of your potions for it to be short Term." Snape assured them. They swapped potions hesitantly. They were almost as surprised as Snape to discover that both their potions were successful. Harry felt himself collapse into hysterics and Draco faced him with a matured face of concern.

Draco looked more or less the same; but with un jelled hair,  a bit of stubble and a more defined chin. Harry couldn't contain his laughter, much to dracos amusement. They looked around the class which was in complete chaos- Snape had chose an array of strange potions for the students- hair raising potions, eye bulging potions and so on.

It wasn't only Harry who was laughing- not that he could help it. When they left, Snape faced Draco with a distasteful glare. "What was that about?" Harry asked, quirking an eyebrow. Draco chuckled "the old git knows I helped you with your potion."

-

Harry and Draco were on their way to charms when Collin stopped them, noticing their linked hands but shaking it off "professor Dumbledore wants to see you both in the library ."

They thanked him- Draco slightly less enthusiastically, and walked to the library.

As they entered the room, they spotted professor Dumbledore sat in a plum coloured chair with a grave look.

"Draco, I'm afraid your father will be visiting you soon.. He has some news for you. Obviously, in any other case it would be fine but your father does not know about the bond as he has an obvious .. Shall we say, distaste for Harry? And the bond makes you more protective- myself, professor Snape and professor mcgonnagal have searched for a loophole with no success- if you can not find one until then, you will need to practice your restraint."

Draco gulped looking from the professor to Harry and back. "When will he be here?" He asked uncertainly "this Sunday at 11 am. He will visit you at your dorm."