42- The hospital wing

It had been a week since hogwarts had been put in great jeopardy and then saved.

-

"Has he responded to any of the potions yet?" Draco asked madam pomfrey, sitting at the bottom of the hospital bed that was currently occupied by a comatosed harry.

"No, unfortunately. But he is living and breathing which is something we can all be grateful for."madam pomfrey replied with a grave expression.

Draco walked over to Hermiones bed where ron was clutching her hand, looking distraught.

"How is she?" Draco asked , looking concerned. "Shes getting better. She woke up and spoke to me earlier. Madam pomfrey said that she just needs to rest after the fall. How's harry?"

"Still unresponsive. " draco sighed sadly.

The hospital wing was at a busy time for madam pomfrey. Colin creevey , neville, hermione, harry, blaise zabini and pansy parkinson were all in a bad state.

The week before, when they had seen Blaise laying on the slytherin floor, they thought that he was dead. He wasn't, fortunately, but as they defeated Layla, many others were put in peril danger.

The one to kill Layla, was Neville, but as he did so she fired some sort of curse at him, and he hadn't woken up since. Hermione had been hit in the chest by a curse and fallen Down some stairs, and the others hadn't really gone through a much better ordeal.

Though many were injured, the majority of Hogwarts were also relieved that it was over.

-

The next day.

Draco woke up in the slytherin common room, as Ron walked in.

"Neville's woken up." Ron said sleepily and Draco nodded as they headed to the hospital wing together.

"Thankyou," Draco said quietly

"For what?"

"Forgiving me, for the way I've treated you, Harry and hermione these past few years."

Ron shifted, looking awkward at the situation.

"It's fine, mate. It's all in the past. Plus hermione lumped you one in third year so we'll call it evens. " Ron chuckled

"That hurt fucking hell, I had to use spells to hide the black eye. But I deserved it."

"You did. But it's in the past. You've made Harry so happy, he really does love you, you know?"

"I love him so much ... " Draco trailed off sadly as the thing that had constantly been on his mind for the past week returned.

"I'm worried he won't make it.. But I'm also worried that if he does make it, he won't remember me because of the curse she placed on him." Draco whispered as they reached the hospital wing.

-----------

That night , Harry responded ever so slightly. Draco was holding onto his stiff hand, and suddenly , it twitched, before Harry squeezed his hand back.

It wasn't much, but it reassured Draco that maybe, everything would be alright.

Sorry for the short chapter, updating again tonight :) I just really wanted to end the chapter with that as its sweet. Sorry again for the past slow updates but I will be updating another chapter tonight.
Question; where abouts do you guys live? I live in Cornwall (England)