Somethings dont change

Jaden Adonis

"Are you excited for your first day at a new school hun?" My mother asked me

To be certainly honested, i was'nt. I dont want to be the new kid. I wish i just could've stayed at my old school where my friends, teachers, and basically majority of my whole school life is.

"I guess." I said with a fake smile. My mother smiled back and cupped my cheek.
"The more you grow, the more you look like your father. Its such a shame he cant be here to witness your growth." A tear dropped from my mother's big beautiful hazel eyes. My father died in a shooting when I was three years old. Ever since then, my mother has not been the same.

"Its okay mama. He in a better place watching over us. If he was here i bet wouldnt like to see you crying." I wiped her tears away with my thumb.

My mother pulled right in front of my new school, Notre Dame.

"I love you. Have a nice day mom." I kissed her cheek and got out of the car and walked in the school. I got my papers with my schedule and locker combination and things. Locker 48 was mine. I dropped my stuff and opened up my locker. It wasnt really big as my locker was at my old school but it'll do i suppose. I grabbed everything i needed for my classes and walked straight to my first period which was Drama. I walked into the door. The teacher was right in the middle of speaking so i didnt want to interrupt him.

The teacher turned to me

"I suppose your Jaden Adonis?" He asked

"Thats right sir." I replied. He was old and stern and looked grouchy. I can tell now this wrinkle bag gonna a load of work.

"Mr. Adonis being that its your first day and your late is not making a good first impression with me and im the type of teacher that you want to impress. You can pop a squat in between River and Malak."

I sat right next to this lightskin boy and girl in the back as the teacher instructed.

"Hey i'm River Bleu but just call me Riv. I suppose your the new guy." The girl Riv said.

"Thats me." I nodded.

"I hate this teacher. He gets on my nerves all the time. It takes alot to get used to." Riv rolled her eyes.

"Wassup? The names Malak Watson but just call me Mal." Malak dapped me up.

"Sup man. My name Jaden but just call me Jay." I said.

"Today in class students we are going to talk about Romeo and Juliet one of the greatest love stories of all time. It shows pride and prejudice. You kids can learn a thing or two about love." The teacher rolled his eyes

I raised my hand

"Yes Mr.Adonis?"

"What'd you mean by "you kids can learn a thing or two about love"? Are you implying that we dont nothing?" I asked. Of course i was probably working his nerves but so what. I don't care so it doesnt matter.

"I never said that. I was saying education wise but perhaps yall can." The teacher toke a sip of coffee.

"Class dismissed. Adonis see me after class." The teacher said firmly.