Sirens

Cher Lloyd - Sirens

River.

I laid on my back staring at the purple walls of my room at 1:30am.

I was still thinking of the kiss with Jaden. I felt dirty but I also liked it, maybe more than I should've.

I was still unsure of how I felt. I mean, I did like him and then I met Tory and then everything changed.

"River go to bed." My cousin Camia said as she turned on her side. Camia was like my sister and I refer to her as that.

"I can't." I replied shutting my eyes for a quick second before opening them up again. "See, I can't go to sleep."

"Tell me what's on your mind." Camia turned on the lamp and turned back to me. "So?"

"Well its this boy I met after me and Jaden broke up named Tory. He's really cute and really sweet so at Eva's party, he asked me out. Yesterday, Jaden had told me to meet in the band room and he kissed me and kissed me back." I sighed as I relayed everything in my head. I felt guilty.

"Does Tory know?" Camia asked as her eyes burned my body.

"No. And I feel guilty and I don't know what to do." I played with my hands nervously. I didn't want Camia to think I cheated purposely or anything like that. I valued her opinion a lot more than others.

"I was in a situation like yours. My advice to you is to tell Tory what happened with you and Jaden. And no matter the outcome, at least you were honest." Camia gave me a smile, almost out of pity but she still gave good advice.

"One other thing, I think I'm confused on if I like Jaden."

"Well you guys just broke up like a month ago on bad terms so I suggest taking it slow. You have to let him earn your trust back before just running to him willy nilly." Camia pulled me into a hug. "Highschool drama is the worst drama."

"True that." I replied letting out a laugh.

I lived for these bonding moments with Camia. Whenever I needed something, she was there for me and vice versa.

I closed my eyes and soon dozed off the sleep

$$$

I woke up in the morning feeling wonderful. No more stress, no more worrying just care free.

I got up out of my bed and walked to the bathroom, starting my morning routine.

After I was done, securely wrapped in my towel, I walked to my closet looking for an outfit to put on. I finally decided on my yellow and white Marvel crop top, high waisted shorts, and my white Nike fruity pebbles. I posted a picture on Instagram.

@RiverBleu7 | Fruity pebbles :) have a nice day guys

I smiled at my picture before pressing the post button. I grabbed my unicorn backpack before proceeding downstairs and out the door.

$$$

"River!" Tory rushed to me angrily. I mentally cursed to myself knowing what happened. I knew that Jasmine probably told him what happened.

"Yes?" I put on the most innocent smile I could.

"Don't smile at me." He barked angrily.

"Look, I'm sorr-"

"Their all out of cookies downstairs in the cafeteria. Do you know how bad I wanted those cookies?" Tory said angrily said. I sighed out of relief knowing that Jasmine didn't tell him.

"But yeah, wassup." Tory asked in his normal, sweet tone.

"I have to talk to you in...private." I put my backpack in my locker and shutting it before grabbing his wrist and dragging him into the multipurpose room.

"Why are we in here?" He asked, with his thick eyebrow raised.

"Because I have something to tell you."

"Okay. Stop beating around the bush and just tell me already." He said with an anticipated tone.

"Me and Jaden kissed." I looked down playing with my hands.

I waited for Tory to react but it stayed silent.

"Who kissed first?" Tory said out of the blue, breaking the silence

"Jaden did." I answered truthfully.

"Oh."

"Listen Tory, I'm sorry."

"Its cool. I think I'd honestly be really mad if you kissed him first." Tory nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"I know."

"So this is it? Between us?" Tory asked.

"I guess it is."

"Friends?"

"Friends." I smiled and I stood on the tip of my toes giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I finally felt the weight of the world being lifted off my shoulders.

Hey guys! So let's talk about this book getting to 1.01k votes. That's just amazing. At first this book started out as book I wasn't gonna publish but then I took a chance and posted it and you guys really seemed to like it. This is honestly amazing! Thanks again.

Another thing, if you guys have any questions referring to the book then just make an in line comment right here.

Byeeeeeee