Beyond the Garden- 3

Armetorius's age: 14

Keilee didn't speak at all as she led Airel and me through the streets of the Elitia towards Icicle Hall. I had tried several times to ask her why she seemed so confused and afraid, but she continued to ignore me. 

Finally, when we climbed over the wall and back into the garden, my sister spoke. 

"Go back to your rooms and change into your regular clothes. We need to see Mother and Father immediately." 

"But they're in a meeting with their Council!" I protested. "If we go in there now, we have to face angry parents and angry clan Chiefs!" 

"This is urgent. They will understand," Keilee said sharply before running into the palace. Airel and I had no choice but to follow, so we did. 

Note from Queen Saralee: Um...no. You're the future Queen of Lessaenes, you don't just follow people!

As I was climbing up to my room, I was stopped by Mystic Chief's son and my only real friend, Armetorius Kandain. 

"Princess Saralee! What are you doing walking around dressed like a peasant?" He exclaimed. 

"Oh...um...nothing," I replied. 

Note from Queen Saralee: I can't believe I was this dumb! If you say "nothing," that means that there is definitely something!

"Come on, you can tell me," he grinned. "I won't tell the King or the Queen if you don't want me to." 

"Keilee, Airel and I kind of went exploring outside castle grounds..." I suddenly remembered my bruise and turned my cheek the other way, not wanting to draw too much attention the mark, but it was too late. 

"What happened to your face?" Armetorius asked with concern. 

"Oh, nothing," I smiled sheepishly. "I'm going to go change, I'll be right back!" I ran up the winding staircase to my suite before Armetorius could react. 

After changing back into my dress and fur vest, I walked slowly downstairs to the second floor landing where Keilee, Airel, and Armetorius waited expectantly. 

"So, I heard you encountered a Flame member," Armetorius asked.  

"What's a Flame member?" I asked with confusion. 

"Wait, she doesn't know?" He turned to Keilee. 

"She's only nine, Armetorius!" My sister hissed. "We need to take this to the Council, come on guys!" The four of us walked down the hall to the large, ornate double doors that led to the Council chamber. 

"Wait!" I gasped, falling to my knees as an icy wind rose up from my stomach and began to claw at my chest. I then realized that in my haste to go on my adventure, I had forgotten to take my Aural suppressant.

Having an extremely powerful Aura came with a price, my body was too young to handle the great force within it. Until I was thirteen, I would have to take suppressants to quell the power to a level I could deal with it. Without them, I had frequent attacks like this. 

"Hey!" Keilee called to a passing maid. "Get my sister her medicine and be quick about it!" Running to my side, she sat down next to me. "It's alright, Sara," she said soothingly. "You're going to be okay." 

But I wasn't okay. My chest felt like it was on fire and I began to tear up from the pain. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the maid returned with my suppressant. I snatched the pill out of her hand and gulped it down as fast as I could. Soon, the pain subsided to a dull ache and I was able to stand up.