Human Artifacts

I whipped around, alarmed, when Fenorel pulled away from me roughly, an irritated look on his face. Glancing behind him, I saw the cause of his anger. His twelve year old sister, Dolores, stood at the door, holding both of her hands up to form a heart.

"How did you manage to walk in here so quietly?" Fenorel growled, storming over to Dolores and pinning her to the wall with his Aura.

"Ow, Fenorel, that hurts!" Dolores protested, trying in vain to peel the transparent blue cords off her ankles and wrists.

"That's what you get for being a little creep," Fenorel sighed, gently lowering her to the ground. "Now, what are you doing here?"

"I just heard someone come in, so I came downstairs to see who it was," Dolores smiled innocently. However, the smug expression dropped right off her face when she saw me. "Q-Queen Saralee!?"

"Hi," I smirked.

"Queen Saralee!" Dolores squealed. "So...that means...if Fenorel were to become King, I'd be the King's sister, right?"

"Whoa, slow down!" Fenorel hissed. "Who said anything about me becoming King? You're embarrassing me in front of the Queen!"

"I'm talking about a hypothetical situation here," Dolores smiled knowingly. "If you were to become King, I'd be the King's sister, so I'd be a princess...right?"

"Well, yes, I suppose," Fenorel shrugged.

"And, since you'd be King and you'd live in Icicle Hall, I'd inherit the manor and the position of Chief, right?"

"You greedy little Iceheart br-"

"I like you!" I cut Fenorel off, extending my hand to Dolores, who proudly shook it. "You think like me!"

"No, trust me, you don't like her," Fenorel groaned.

"You're just saying that because you're her brother," I laughed. "I think she's adorable!"

"The Queen thinks I'm adorable," Dolores mused. "And the Queen is always right." 

"Sure, sure, whatever," Fenorel rolled his eyes. 

"Anyway, do you want to see what my Galactic History teacher loaned me over the weekend? I promise it's really cool!" Dolores beamed, obviously trying to impress me. 

"No one cares about your stupid-" 

"Actually, we'd love to!" I interjected, giving Fenorel a knowing smirk. 

"Great!" Dolores hopped up the stairs two steps at a time, on her way to her room on the third floor. 

"You don't know what you've gotten us into," Fenorel sighed. "She brings back the weirdest things from school, sometimes they're even outright disgusting." 

"They wouldn't allow things like that at any noble private school," I frowned. 

"She goes to a public school," Fenorel smiled proudly. "A predominantly Rhenan one, I might add. We're Keepers, remember? We're the biggest supporters of Rhenans' rights! What better way is there for a Chief to prove that his clan believes wholeheartedly in equal rights and opportunities for Rhenans than for him to send his own daughter to school with their children?"