Reunion

By the time I stumbled off the ship after the thirty six hour flight to Rhena, I felt half zombie-fied. My coat was muddy, my hair was a mess, and my makeup was ruined.

Thank Lumys the Council isn't here to see me like this.

However, my disheveled state proved to be an advantage as I walked through Wellae. I was completely unrecognizable, and no one paid me any attention.

Navigating was easy, the five Main Cities and the Capital were all structured very similarly. The only major difference between Glaisse and Wellae was that, instead of Icicle Hall, Soren Manor occupied the large plot in the center of the city.

Hopping up the steps to the grand gate two at a time, I stood before the Sorens' stately home. Taking a deep breath, I prepared to push the gate open.

"Stop!" An Ice Guard yelled, the red patch on his shoulder indicating that he served the Keeper clan. "The Chief isn't in town, if you want to see him later, you'll have to fill out a form at City Hall."

"I'm not here to see the Chief," I said coolly. "I'm here to see his son."

"Oh, you're one of those girls," the Ice Guard said distastefully. "Please take the liberty of reading the sign on the door," he smirked.

Looking past the gate, I saw a huge neon orange poster hanging above the door of Soren Manor.

If you are a desperate fangirl, please get a life. I'm the future Chief of the Keeper clan, and I have more important things to do than talk to you. Thank you :)

-Fenorel.

I shook my head, smiling to myself. He hadn't changed a bit.

"Well?" The Ice Guard tapped his foot impatiently. "What are you waiting for? Get out!"

"No," I said calmly, crossing my arms. "Let me in."

"They get braver and stupider every day," the Ice Guard sighed to himself. "Now leave, or you'll be under arrest for trespassing on private property!" He yelled.

I pursed my lips in frustration, grinding my foot into the dirt to keep my Aura from exploding. I never realized I was so used to instantly getting my way until I didn't.

"Let. Me. In," I said slowly and menacingly. Suddenly, something clicked. I looked over at the Ice Guard, confused, as my consciousness split into two.

I saw through the Ice Guard's eyes. I was in his body, yet I still had control over my own. It felt a little bit like looking at two different screens at the same time. 

"Fine, you can go inside," I said through the Ice Guard, opening the gate. I was filled with a sense of utter bewilderment as I approached the door in my own body, still in control of the Ice Guard.

As I released him, I heard him groan in pain as he clutched the back of his neck, which had started to glow a brilliant blue. When he pulled his hand away, a simple snowflake tattoo was imprinted on his neck.

Did I just use...mind control!?

The Iceheart Serum had given me powers I didn't even know about! As soon as I got back to Icicle Hall, I had to practice my new skill and put it to use as soon as possible!

Note from Queen Saralee: You go, girl! You just made your first Code!!!

I confidently knocked on the door, which was almost immediately answered by Fenorel himself! That was strange, there were usually plenty of servants around at the Chiefs' manors...