Ahrenne Point

"I'm coming!" Fenorel yelled as he chased me across the beach.

"No, you're not!" I gritted my teeth with determination, allowing the blue bags under my feet to expand so that I could Aura-skate even faster.

Gasping as the ocean rushed closer and closer, I dug my heels into the sand. However, it was already too late. I went flying through the air, driven by the force of my Aura, and landed in the water with a huge splash.

"Ack!" I spluttered, spitting out the salty seawater furiously as I surfaced.

"How'd you like that?" Fenorel grinned, his head popping up above the waves beside me.

"You did it on purpose! You chased me to the ocean just so you could watch me fall in!"

"And it was totally worth it."

"No it wasn't. My clothes are drenched, and my perfect hair is ruined! I look so undignified now!" I looked down at my soaked blue tank top and white shorts with distaste.

"You don't have to look like a Queen all the time," Fenorel smiled, gently tucking a stringy strand of wet hair behind my ear. "I actually think you're even prettier when you don't look like a Queen."

"Okay, this scene is really cute, but that's enough for now," Armetorius yelled, standing at the edge of the water. "It's time to do something more exciting. Human ships have been detected at the edges of our atmosphere, barreling towards our planet at full speed. We're on the defensive today, Sara!"

"Come on," I rolled my eyes. "We're too old for this. If your wife was here, she'd think you're insane."

"Well, Aviona's not here, is she?" Armetorius grinned. "And you and I both know this game is golden. We're never too old for it. Look out, the human ships have penetrated the atmosphere! They're headed straight for Glaisse!" He leaped into the water dramatically.

"Secure the city with an Auradome!" I proclaimed, raising my arms to form a miniature Auradome in the middle of the water.

"Smash them all!" Armetorius bellowed, reaching for the tiny ships carved of Aura that hovered over the dome.

"No, that would be an awful move. We could use their equipment and weaponry. Release toxic gas inside their ships to kill them off neatly. Then, we can collect their abandoned fleet."

"And this is why you rule Lessaenes and I don't," he laughed, clearing the "board."

"What even was that," Fenorel raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, just a little game Armetorius and I made up when we were little," I shrugged. "We've been playing the stupid thing for more than seventeen years now, and I promise it never gets old!"

"Wow, that's...uh..."

"Weird, I know," I rolled my eyes. "Relax, I'm not going to kill you for calling me weird. You aren't a Rhenan!"

"You aren't going to kill me? Wow, that's a huge compliment coming from you!" Fenorel beamed.

"Oh, and, guys, speaking of killing Rhenans, have any of you seen Selaeyah?" Armetorius asked.

"No, I was actually about to ask if you knew where she went," I frowned. "Where is Selaeyah?"

...............................

Selaeyah peered over the side of the cliff, making sure that the Queen, Fenorel, and the other Council members were still down on Ahrenne Point Beach.

"Are you sure this is going to help?" Liretta asked. "Because it's super risky, and I don't want to risk my reputation for nothing."

"This is our only foreseeable chance to find something we can use against Fenorel," the Scientist Chief hissed. "It's definitely worth it."

"Okay, then..." Liretta trailed off.

"Follow me," Selaeyah whispered, stepping away from the cliff's edge to the miniature Auradome that rested a few yards away from it. With a quick shot of Aura, she broke it in half, exposing the seven backpacks inside: one for each of the Council members, Fenorel, and Saralee. She grabbed Fenorel's backpack- the heaviest of them- and tossed it to the side, a cruel grin playing on her lips.

"What are you looking for?" Liretta gave her a questioning look.

"Nothing in particular," the vengeful Chief shrugged. "I just want to see what the guy has in here. It might give me some ideas." Unzipping the backpack's largest compartment, she dumped its contents in the grass. She found nothing out of the ordinary as she sifted through them, just normal things you'd carry around and items you'd take to the beach- towels, sunscreen, a portable Aurascreen, a packet of chewing gum, etc.

"Are you done yet?" Liretta sighed, clearly bored.

"No!" Selaeyah snarled. "There has to be something of consequence in here, and I'm not going back down until I find it." Reaching around the bag, she opened a small pouch on the back of it. This pouch was much smaller than the other one, and was lined with silk. It was clearly intended for more important items.

At first glance, it was empty, but when she reached deeper into it, Selaeyah managed to procure a small, black box. Quickly popping the box open, she was overjoyed to see that it contained the biggest, most beautiful diamond ring she had ever seen. It had a band of pure gold, and was studded with tiny aquamarines.

He must've spent a fortune on it.

The Scientist Chief couldn't believe her luck. Fenorel was planning to propose to Queen Saralee! Well, not anymore...

She removed the ring from its casing, holding it up to the light.

"Are you sure you want to do this to her? You'd break her heart!" Liretta gasped as Selaeyah approached the cliff's edge. "She's the Queen, and your best friend!"

"That's why I need to make sure she gets a man who's worthy of her. I promise you that I will do everything in my power to make sure that Fenorel Soren does not become King of Lessaenes." Selaeyah gritted her teeth, stepped forward, and tossed the glistening ring over the steep side of the cliff.