Explanations

"Queen Saralee, you can't wear that mask forever," Chief Myers said as I paced anxiously around the throne room with a black mask over my face and a cloak pulled tightly around my body

"Yes, I can!" I retorted. I had no idea how to explain everything to the Empire, and I was going to try to put it off as long as possible.

"You are the Queen now," Chief Soren sighed. "You can't hide forever. And I'm sure that whatever the terrible accident that scarred your face may be, the marks it has left can heal with proper treatment." 

"It wasn't an accident, that's the thing!' I yelled. "And it didn't scar me! You want to see that bad? Then see!" I yanked the mask off and everyone in the room almost simultaneously gasped. 

The Chiefs of the Council exchanged glances, clearly debating whether or not a compliment on my new appearance would be taken the wrong way. 

"You look...lovely today, My Queen," Chief Soren finally said. 

"Thank you," I said sharply. "My appearance was changed by Fenorel Soren's incredible creation: the Iceheart Serum. It enhances your looks, your Aura, and makes you immortal. My first proposal as Queen of Lessaenes is mandatory administration of the Iceheart Serum and the accompanying Iceheart Surgery for all nobles!" 

I scanned the Council and the assembly of nobles behind them, looking for an opinion on my proposal. However, all I saw was confusion. 

"Your Majesty, do you mean to say that my son invented a magical serum...and I never knew about it?" Chief Soren gave me an incredulous look. 

"Yes, and I am sure he will attest to it. Lord Soren?" I turned my gaze to Fenorel, who sat calmly in the assembly. Returning my emotionless look, he stood. 

"The Queen speaks the truth, great Council of Lessaenes," he sighed. 

"Fenorel..." Chief Soren trailed off. "How...?" 

"I performed all experimentation in secret, not wanting to risk my name or the name of my clan. But I am sure my Serum, when it is modified to overcome certain...side effects, will be greatly useful to Lessaenes. My intentions were pure, solely to benefit our Empire in the dark, bloody war that rages at the edges of the solar system. I humbly beg for forgiveness."

"In the name of Lumys, I forgive you," I sighed. 

Note from Queen Saralee: Better read that twice, cause I'm never saying it again.

"Thank you, My Queen." 

"However, such modifications will not be necessary," I grinned cruelly. "From personal experience, I can say that any side effects involved with the procedure are very beneficial." 

Fenorel's gaze hardened as he sat down. 

"Nobles of the assembly, please rise if you advocate the passage of my Iceheart Proposal," I said. Armetorius shot up out of his seat the moment the words left my mouth, and his brother Tamarius followed. Shortly afterwards, Selaeyah and Alsiyah got out of their seats. With all the Chiefs and their children standing, most of the lesser nobles too rose. 

"Then, let it be done!" I grinned. "The Iceheart Proposal is law! All nobles will begin the Turning process tomorrow, and will hereafter be known as Icehearts!" 

Cheers erupted throughout the crowd as the nobles chanted my name and Fenorel's.

"Today is the day we put our problems behind us," I stated firmly, my powerful voice echoing off every wall. "Today is the day we forget our differences as various clans and stand strong as an empire, mercilessly cutting down anyone and anything that would stand between us and galactic domination!  The Iceheart Proposal is only the beginning, I am in the process of writing several more plans for the improvement of our foreign policy, our economy, and the structure of our government. I don't just want to rule the universe, I WILL rule the universe!!!! Let's make Lessaenes great again!"*

The crowd went wild. Every noble in the assembly as well as most of the audience members applauded crazily, running out of their seats and flooding the room with enthusiastic shouts. 

Several chants simultaneously rang through the air, including "Queen Saralee!" "Down with the Human Union!" And "Queen Saralee for the win!!!" 

"Who wants to kill some humans!?" I roared. 

"We do!!!!"

"Who wants to show them who's boss!?" 

"We do!!!!" 

"Then what are you waiting for? Get out of here, and start drawing up attack plans! I'll approve the best one!" 

All the officials of the court stumbled out of the meeting room as fast as I had ever seen them go, rushing to their offices. Audience members too left the meeting. However, one stayed. 

"What do you want, Fenorel?" 

"I know you did it," he said simply. 

"No one would believe you. They love me!" 

"I know. That's why I'm not going to bother telling anyone. Besides, you're going to make a great Queen. No one can deny that." 

"Thanks," I smiled. 

"But don't get too excited. You're still a terrible person." 

......................................

*Who's gonna be the first one to figure out why I starred that line?