Good News

300 years later...

For the next three hundred years, there were no events of major consequence in Icicle Hall. Don't get me wrong, there was certainly an array of minor occurrences. 

Dolores became a Princess of Lessaenes, inherited Soren Manor, and was declared Chief of the Keeper Clan, just as she had dreamed when she was younger. Eleanna, overwhelmed by the gruesome secrets she discovered in the bowels of the Iceheart Department, ran away to join the Flame. Airel married Aphora Lyzetty, a green-eyed, inquisitive Artist Clan girl. 

Lastly, the Galactic Wars continued to rage on. The upper hand unpredictably shifted from Earth to Lessaenes, treaties were made and broken, human Presidents were assassinated. We were on the Seventh Galactic War or something like that- even I had lost count. By that point, the endless Wars had become an ordinary part of our existence. 

At the Royal breakfast table on one seemingly ordinary day began the next chapter of my life. 

"Good morning, Sara," Fenorel said cheerily, taking his seat beside me at the head of the table. 

"Fenorel..." I trailed off, a mysterious smile playing on my lips. "I have something to tell you. I'm-" 

"In the mood to burn down some Rhenan villages?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"No! I'm-" 

"Ready to watch some rebels bleed to death?" 

"Stop! Just let me finish!" I hissed angrily. "Not everything I do is about burning and killing!" 

"Wait...really!?" Fenorel gasped, feigning surprise. 

"Yes," I rolled my eyes. "I was going to say that I'm pregnant, you idiot!" 

"Oh, Sara, that's amazing!" Fenorel beamed. "How long has it been?" 

"Eight months." 

"Really? But, you don't look, you know..." He gestured to my flat stomach.

"Aural illusions," I grinned. "I don't want the whole Empire to know just yet. I want it to be a surprise." 

"Woohoo!" Airel yelled jubilantly, standing up from his seat and dashing down the hall. "Guess what? The Queen's gonna have a baby! Lessaenes is gonna have an heir!" 

"If you want something to be a surprise, you should know better than to say it in front of him," Aphora laughed. 

"So," Fenorel turned to me. "Is it going to be a girl or a boy?" 

"A girl," I smiled. 

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Dolly clapped her hands together. "It's going to be so nice having a baby princess around! I bet she's going to be adorable!" 

"Since she's coming in a month, don't you think we should start thinking about names?" I asked. 

"We should name her Thalayna," Fenorel trailed off, a dreamy look in his eye. "So that she'll be a strong and beautiful woman, just like our first Queen." 

"So original," I groaned. "Do you realize how many Royals have been named after Airel and Thalayna? She'd be Princess Thalayna XXIII, or something. A unique name would be better, so she can build her own destiny. I say...Tara." 

"Oh, yes," Aphora nodded. "Tara sounds lovely." 

"Well, if the women like it, I really have no say in the matter," Fenorel laughed. "Princess Tara it is!"