Chapter 5

~Iris~

I knocked on the door. It opened.

"Hey baby." smiled Kayla kissing my cheek

I kissed her back and she led me inside.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" she asked "It's an old Disney movie, but it's one of my favorites."

I chuckled and kissed her cheek "What ever makes you happy."

She rolled her eyes "You already have me, you don't have to pretend to like all the things I do anymore."

I pressed my forehead against hers and whispered "When ever your happy I'm happy."

She pecked my lips and led me over to the couch. I sat down and she put the movie in. She pressed play and sat next to me snuggling into my side. Soon we were watching a movie about a man living in the jungle raised by apes.

Kayla leaned her head against my shoulder and curled up into a ball so she could get closer to me.

This is what I needed. I needed someone to get my mind off of all the things that I thought was my life, but it's just one big lie. Ok no more thinking about it. Focus on Kayla. Her breathing, her heart beat, just her-

"Come stop your crying. It will be all right. Just take my hand. Hold it tight"

I heard a woman's voice. I felt something in my hands a warm feeling like someone was holding them but no one was.

"I will protect you, from all around you. I will be here, don't you cry"

Wait I know this song! How tho?

"For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us, can't be broken. I will be here. Don't you cry."

"Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart.From this day on now and forever more. You'll be in my heart, No matter what they say. You'll be here in my heart always

Always..."

And like that it was over.

"Wait!" a practically yelled startling Kayla

"What!?" she yelled back

"Can you replay that song again?" I asked grabbing for the remote

She handed it to me I pressed rewind till the beginning of the song.

"Come stop your crying, it will be all right. Just take my hand hold it tight."

I looked at my hands that feeling was there again.

"I will protect you, from all around you. I will be here, don't you cry."

I looked at the screen watching the baby Tarzan being carried up into the trees by his new mom.

"Mom?" I questioned

Some how that was a key word it felt like it majorly important.

"For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us, can't be broken. I will be here, don't you cry."

I felt very tired all of a sudden. My shouts drooped a little.

"Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart. From this day on now and forever more. You'll be in my heart, no matter what they say. You'll be here, in my heart always. Always..."

That last 'always' didn't sound like the voice on the TV. It was a voice inside my head, not when I talk to Emily, no, it was like a memory.

I pressed rewind again.