Chapter 13

~Emily~

I awoke to the sound of a big metal door opening.

"Get up." yelled Jake's dad stomping towards me

I tried to move, slowly I stood up.

"Let's go." he pulled me put of the room and into different one. He picked me up and laid me on a cold hard metal tableland strapped me down at my wrists and ankles. I opened my eyes to see Jake standing in the doorway.

"Jake." I called to him "Jake I thought you loved me."

Something in his eyes changed, sorrow, pity, guilt. "Emily....I-" he stopped and his eyes turned cold again "I'm sorry you're so easy."

Tears filled my eyes. I though he cared about me, but no. Suddenly it felt like he was the one killing me.

Scar man appeared behind Jake "Hello Emily." he passed Jake "I'm John Hosti. The leader of the Maris Hosti's."

I looked at Jake then back to John "What do you want?"

John laughed "Just like your grandmother. Straight to the point."

I bit my lip. Mom always told me stories when I was younger about her. She told me how she was murdered right in front of her when she was just 13.

"You? You killed her?"

He nodded "Yes my dear, bit she didn't cooperate, so we killed her. If you help us we will kill you fast."

I snorted "So die or die?"

"I see it this way help us we kill you quick and painless. If u don't then we let you dry out and die slowly."

I looked at Jake again, then I noticed something in his eyes weren't right. Yes they were icy, but they were almost like starring into space, kinda like...

"Jake's under a spell?"

John chuckled "I can't believe it took you that pong to figure it out. I'm sorry to say tho it can't be broken."

John placed some sticky things on my arms and legs.

"Jake!" Jake ran to his side "I want you to turn this on. I'm going to be right back."

Jake nodded and began typing on the machine next to me.

As soon as he was gone I turned to Jake "Jake it's me Emily. You have to snap out of this spell they have you under."

Jake didn't look at me, he just kept typing away.

"Jake please. I need you right now." I begged him

He turned to face me with that same soft expression "Emily?"

He gripped his head and fell to his knees in pain.

"Jake, what's wrong?" I asked looking at him with terror in my voice

He looked back up at me no longer in pain and kept typing. Just then John walked in smiling.

"Sorry about that Jake just had to kick the spell up a notch."

I groaned "So when are you gonna tell me what u want from me?"

John smiled and held up a vile "Give me your tears."

I shook my head

"I'll make you then." he smiled and walked out with Jake following him

What have I done?

~Iris~

I haven't heard back from Emily in a while, or from Jake for that matter. I shrugged and went to the family room and turned on the TV.

Moments later I thought I herd a noise from the kitchen. Kayla left awhile ago and Dad was at work. I shrugged and continued to watch TV.

A few minutes later I hear it again. I got up to go check it out, but I rounded the corner and felt something hit the back of my head. Everything went black.

~Emily~

I took a deep breath. John was giving me water, but just enough to live.

Speak of the devil, John walked in along with Jake's Dad "Did you rethink helping us?"

I snickered at him "There's no way in hell I will help you."

John smiled "We doubt that. Jake!"

Jake appeared with a staggering person being dragged by his arm.

"Iris." I said to my little brother when I recognized him

Iris blinked and looked around "Where am I?"

"Iris." I called out to him again

He turned to look at me "Emily? What...?"

John stepped forward "Hello Iris. Welcome. We are trying to get your sister here to cry. I think you can help us."

I shook my head "No! Please no."

Jake's Dad spoke up "Then cry and he can leave."

I closed my eyes and sighed "Fine, just don't hurt him please."

John smiled and grabbed the vial from it's holder "Turn off the water."

"But you said-"

John rolled his eyes "I can't have you living. They say a mermaid's tear is the fullest when it's her last."

I took a deep breath feeling the energy draining from me "You....you won't hurt Iris or Jake....right?"

John nodded and placed the vial next to my eye "Now cry."

I looked at Iris and Jake. Iris's eyes were filled with hate and begging me not to, but I have to, his life and Jake's life depended on it.

Jake's eyes were cold and unloveing, but beneath that I could see the old Jake, my Jake, fighting to get free.

The last face I saw was Jake's eyes turn that soft color of blue again. I smiled as I took my last breaths.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! So here is another chapter I'm on fire! Lol comment what did you think? Tell me plez!

Oh and if you guys can go back to In Love With A Human and vote for your favorite chapter. I'm almost to 100 votes on it and I'm so excited for it! Because I have over 4,000 reads and 98? Votes so please!!!!! Vote!!!! Thanks :D

<3 Mell