Chapter 15

~Emily~

We found our way home.

"What was that?" Iris asked me "Me ears are still ringing."

"It was a siren, but special one." I explained, this boy has much to learn

"Special as in?"

"As in if you or Emily hear it for too long you could go deaf!" Jake yelled at him

I put my hand on his chest "Jake. Calm down we're all ok."

He looked at Iris "I'm sorry man, it's just.....thinking that I helped them...."

I gently caressed his cheek "It's ok. You had no idea what you were doing. You broke out of it."

Jake smiled and kissed me so sweetly like he was afraid that he would break me "You helped."

"Well this is all sweet and everything, but I need to see Kayla so I can be all lovey dovey with her. You know, so I don't feel left out." Iris said with a smirk

I rolled my eyes and messed up his hair.

"Would you stop that." he growled patting his hair down

Jake grabbed my hand and continued walking "Come on we need to discuss a plan. You both and your families need protection."

I nodded "Yes. I will go back to Florida. Maybe I can convince The Queen to move our school to somewhere else."

Jake shook his head "You can't bring them here. This would probably be the first place they look. Second would be Florida."

"We need to talk to Dad. He'll know what to do." said Iris "Come on."

We ran the rest of the way home.

~Iris~

We arrived at the front door which wasn't closed. It was wide open. I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I looked at Emily and she looked like what I was feeling.

We walked in carefully just then we heard a bang of pots. We all looked at each other and walked silently to the kitchen where Dad was making spaghetti.

"Hi guys! I hope your hungry." smiled Dad, but it was off "I made chicken parm with spaghetti."

Emily and I looked at each other. We both knew something was up.

"Dad are you ok?" I asked pulling Emily behind me protectively

"Yea. Why?" he had a puzzled face, that wasn't his.

"Your acting, different." I said cautiously

Dad set four plates full of spaghetti and chicken "I'm acting like I usually do son."

He never calls me son, but that spaghetti smelled so good.

"Maybe I'm just over reacting." I whispered to Emily

She shrugged and sat down next to Jake. I sat across from her and dug in.

"Ready for desert?" asked Dad when we were done

Emily smiled "Sure."

I was stuffed but when I saw him pull out brownies from the oven it was like I just gained some more room in my stomach.

He set them in front of us. Jake and I ate 12 in two seconds and Emily nibbled on one.

Suddenly I felt like I couldn't breath. My throat was closing up and I fell off my chair gasping for air.

Emily rushed over to me "Iris what's wrong?"

I could barely get out the word so I thought it.

'Nuts. I'm allergic to nuts.'

She turned around to the brownies and then gasped.

"Jake. Call 911." she barked at him

Jake rushed to the phone and dialed the number.

I needed air I was gasping, but nothing we coming in.

Emily was back at my side holding my hand "Hang on Iris. Please hang on."

Her tears fell on my cheeks. I turned my head to see my Dad smiling that weird smile that wasn't his. Then I remembered where I've seen that smile before, then I closed my eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So what do you think? I know it's short sorry. Sorry for the other upload too. I just deleted by accident the first chapter. Uhg sometimes I can be really careless. :P

Anyway please COMENT & VOTE