Chapter 9

~Emily~

I dove under the crashing waves. I knew this place like the back of my hand. Mom used to take me to the palace all the time, mostly just to fight with Her Majesty, but I knew where I was going.

I swam toward the giant cave that my mother was being held prisoner.

"Emmy?" said a small voice behind me

I turned "Clara. It's so good to see you."

Clara smiled "I missed you."

I laughed And hugged her "I missed you too. why are you here?"

She shrugged "Just exploring."

"Well if you wait here I can show you someone that you'll love."

"Who is it?"

"Just wait here and I'll take you to him when I get back. Ok?" I looked at her

She nodded excitedly "Ok."

I smiled to myself as I swam into the cave.

The cave was a big as a palace. It was made out of rock, but there was gold everywhere in the decorating. Just like I remember.

I slowly swam into the main hallway, aware of the guards that stand by. I peered from behind the wall, there were no guards.

"What the-"

Just then I heard a voice. I ducked behind the wall again.

"I'm telling you the mermaid is a pyhco." said a mermaid to her friend "She talks about her son and his dad. I mean come on. Everyone knows you can't still have an alive lover, much less a son."

"She's probaly making it up just to get attention, or sympathy from the Queen." said the other mermaid "That's pathetic."

"Well, at least Her Majesty came to her senses and is about to have her killed." said the first again

My jaw droped. Mom? Killed?

The first continued "It was mainly because she wouldn't let go of her human mate. She just kept going on and on about it."

"Oh right, when does that start again?"

There was a pause then "In about 5 mintues. We will never make it in time."

I swam away to the dugenon, in hopes of finding Mom, but when I got there the cages were all empty.

"Mom?" I quietly yelled "Mom?"

Just then I heard the door on the other side of the dungeon open. I dove behind some rocks as I watched my mother being dragged back into her cage.

"Rachel I'm sorry it has to be this way, but you leave me no choise." said Her Majesty coming out behind her guards "Unless you apologize for ever defying me. I'll let you live then."

Mom was on the floor crumbled up into a ball as she answered "I'd rather die."

Her Majesty just shrugged and motioned for one of the guards to come forward. She held a strange plant, but I would know that plant anywhere.

"Silk weed." I whispered to myself

The guard forced Mom to open her mouth and she shoved the plant in. Mom coughed it back up, but it was to late.

"No. No. No." I watched as everyone left and left my mother there to die

"Mom! Mom." I rushed over to her and held her "Mom please don't go. You can't leave me. I-I-I just found Iris. He wants to see you please Mom."