ChApter 17

~Emily~

We were at the airport sitting in the waiting are before you get on the plane.

"You do realize it's a three hour ride to Pennsylvania?" asked Jake

I nodded "I know I can make it."

"Sure?"

I smiled at him and pecked his lips "Yes I can go on land longer and longer each day."

"Just making sure."

I rolled my eyes and then looked over at my brother who was listening to his iPod looking around. After he was checked out of the hospital he didn't really talk. He says he's fine, but I can tell leave Kayla is killing him.

I touched his arm "Iris?"

He looked at me his eyes said it all.

"Are you ok?" I already knew the answer he'd give me, but it's worth a shot

He nodded and smiled "I'm fine really Emily."

I sighed and looked at my father, who was watching me. He nodded in agreeing with me on Iris, but there's nothing we could do about a broken heart.

"Flight 42 is now boarding." said a voice above us

Jake stood up "That's us."

I grabbed my bag and stood up, everyone followed my lead. Jake walked up and got in line to bored the airplane. We found our seats me with Jake and Dad and Iris behind us.

Jake let me sit next to the window so I could watch the plane take off, since this was my first time flying.

As everyone got in the plane I watched. There was a man that looked familiar, but I don't know where I saw him before.

I nudged Jake "Hey do you know that man over there?"

Jake looked over to the man and shrugged "No I don't think so."

"Oh well." maybe I didn't know him

A few minutes after we took off I closed the window, so the sun wouldn't speed up the drying process for me. I leaned my head on Jake's shoulder and closed my eyes.

'You ok? For real?' I asked Iris

'I will be. Please just let it go.'

I groaned.

"You ok?" asked Jake looking down at me

"Iris." nodded behind me

"Oh. He can't be ok. Kayla was his whole life. I mean she-is right there."

I rolled my eyes "Jake that's not funny-"

"Look." he pointed to a seat a few rows in front of us.

It was her and the man that I thought looked familiar was sitting next to her. That's why he looked so familiar he's Kayla's Dad.

"Oh my god." I turned to Jake "Can you get her attention?"

Jake got up and walked over to her. She looked up and smiled, then they began talking. The man, who I'm pretty sure is her dad, shook Jake's hand. She looked over at me and smiled I waved her over and she stood and came back to our seat with Jake.

"Kayla. You came." I smiled and hugged her

"Yea where's Iris?" she looked behind me "Oh."

"Yea....well he'll be ok now." I said then turned around and laughed at the sleeping Iris "Daddy can you sit with Kayla's dad?"