Chapter 7

Do I really write that bad? I mean u guys would tell me if u didn't like my writing right? Then how come o get like 20 reads but only 3 votes? I don't get it? I'm just wondering. I'm not mad or anything just confused. :/ but thank you to the 3 persons who voted! :) Well ok here you go...

<3 Mell

~Iris~

I was pacing around my room thinking of what to say to Kayla. I didn't want to lie to her, but that seemed like the only option. I mean we just took a huge step in our relationship.

I pulled out my phone and was about to text her when the splitting headache came.

'Don't you dare!'

I groaned and shoved my phone back into my pocket.

I moved the duffle bag to my closet just in case Dad comes up. All tho he hasn't talked to me since my outburst on him and Emma.

I got into bed and fell into a deep sleep.

~Emily~

I was making-out with Jake on the beach. I couldn't help it. He tasted so good and it felt so right and yet, I knew it was bad.

Jake pulled away and I stared into his deep blue eyes.

"You are an amazing kisser." he smiled

I chuckled and blushed "I don't think so."

He smiled and kissed my neck "I do."

I moaned as he kissed up and down my neck.

"Jake?"

"Hmm?" he mumbled into the crook of my neck

"What are you?" I asked making him look at me

He gave me a look "Huma-"

"No your not. I can feel something different from you. Just tell me." I said actually I knew when I met him that he wasn't human

He sat up and pulled his legs into his chest. He laid his arms on his knees and shook his hair "Do you really want to know?"

I nodded scooting closer to him.

"I'm a Maris Hosti." he looked ashamed "I don't want to be, never have, but that day Dad told me we were hunting mermaids, but not kill them. He said he just wanted to ask you guys about your powers and then we would set you free. You were so beautiful, and still are, that's what mesmerized me."

I rubbed his back soothingly "It's ok Jake I believe you."

He looked up and smiled "Thanks Emily. What did I do to deserve you?"

I smiled back "I don't know."

He kissed me softly, his hands going slowly around my neck, mine, in his hair.

I don't care if he's a Maris Hosti, I think I'm falling for him. Wait no that can't happen! I'll be banished.

I pulled away "We can't Jake. I can get in so much trouble for this."

"What? And you think I can't?" he asked raising his eyebrows

I bit my lip "Sorry it's just. My mom went through something like this and it tore her apart. I can't...I can't go through with that. I'm sorry."

Jake sighed "Do you know what Maris Hosti means?"

I shrugged "Kinda."

"It means enemy of the sea." he explained "Us Maris Hosti's have had a history with you mermaids for a long time. See our first leader Damien Maris was, let's say, 'mated' with a mermaid. He thought she was the love of his life. That lasted till she tried to kill him, so he had to kill her first."

"He formed a group called the Maris Hosti's. He felt that no man should go through what he had to go through, but soon he was driven in madness. He wanted to kill every living mermaid out there."

Jake looked at me with sad eyes "I'm sorry for what my dad did to you, but I'm not like that. I just want you to know that. Yes I do have the Maris Hosti's powers."

"What are those?" I asked

"They're powers on tracking mermaids. Like....we are not harmed by silk weed, we can do magic too, but not as good as you guys. Oh and our eyes can see in the darkest waters, they glow so we can see."

"That's actually really cool." I smiled, but feeling uneasy "Could you tell if someone was a mermaid?"

He nodded "By the touch. If there were shocks then they are."

"Do I feel them?"

"No, because that would blow our cover." he studied me for a second then spoke again "You are very beautiful."

I blushed and looked down "Thanks." I mumbled

He put his fingers under my chin and made me look at him "You are Emily. You are so beautiful. You've stolen my heart. I hope I have stolen yours too."

I chuckled "You have, but this is wr-"

He kissed me "I lost you at you have."

I laughed a little and kissed him back.

~Iris~

I heard my phone vibrating, I picked it up and looked at the caller ID.

Should I answer it? But what do I say? Should I explain-the ringing stopped. I looked down at my phone, it read one new text message.

I hit open and my heart fell a little,

'Iris, if you need some time by yourself that's fine take all the time in the world! I just wished you could've told me. Did I do something bad last night? Please talk to me baby. Love you xox'

I sighed "Sorry Kayla." I hit delete and got up out of bed. I changed and grabbed my duffle bag, out of the closet.

I tip-toed down stairs and out the door.

~Emily~

'Iris where are you?'

He answered back in his real voice.

"I'm right behind you." he said in a duh tone

I laughed "Ok Jake went to get his boat. He should be here soon."

"You trust him? I mean he did try to kill you." he asked eyeing me

I shook my head "That was his father. Iris don't worry about me ok?"

He wrapped me in sideways hug "I do worry. I just found you I don't want to lose you."

I giggled as I saw Jake's boat coming into view.

"Ready to go?"

He nodded "Yes. Defiantly."