7

The air was cold and crisp, the trees blowing in the strong wind down below the trainline. I position myself to jump off and push myself, landing onto the concrete floor below. People were staring at me from all angles, I guess they weren't used to seeing such a young Dauntless out on their own, seen as I should've been training right now. I knew I needed to see someone to help me with my issue and that only person was Jack Kang, he knew what I really was. Divergent. He was also my second father for all of my life so I could trust him. My feet took me to the front of the Candor building, being greeted by young Candor's at the entrance. I step inside and take in a breath, it smelt posh as usual. Unlike Dauntless which just smelt of sweat. I felt eyes on me but I bolted straight for the elevator, luckily nobody got in with me and no one was already in it, I turned to the numbers and pressed the very top floor. This caused a keypad to come out of the wall next to it and I typed in the numbers 2410, a green light popping up and the elevator beginning to move, The password for the top floor was my birthday, 24th of October. It caused me to smile, knowing someone cared for me.

As the elevator opens, I'm greeted by a dumbfounded looking Marissa. I give her a slight smile but she raises her eyebrows before recognising me.

"Cassia?" She questions as I step out of the elevator next to her, I nod at her question. "What happened to you?" She was looking at my face, obviously directing her question to my black eye. Luckily it was faded but still noticeable.

"Oh it was my first fight at Dauntless is all, I wasn't as strong as the guy I was fighting but I'm better now." I confirm and smile at her, which grants me a small smile back. "I know I haven't been gone long but I'd like to talk to Jack if that's okay." I keep smiling and she nods.

"Of course you can, he's not busy right now so just go in- I've got to run some paperwork downstairs so I'll see you around darling." She rests her hand on my shoulder and catches the lift just before it closes its doors.

I take a few steps towards the door to Jack's office, my heart beating faster. I didn't want him to see me like I was but I missed him so much. I knew he was going to panic because of my black eye but I didn't want him to, he would have enough on his plate running his faction. I tap on the door three times and wait for a response.

"Come in." I hear his voice. I turn the doorknob and push the door forward into the room, carrying myself in with it and closing the door behind me. "Cassia?" His mouth drops and he looks shocked. I nod and he quickly walks over to me, wrapping both his arms around me- engulfing me in a hug. "What the hell have they done to you, you look like you haven't eaten since you left." He states, rubbing a hand on my back. That was partially true, I practically just drank water to keep me going and had a little bit of soup Eric gave me this morning but he didn't need to know that.

"Just been working out and stuff, I lost one of my fights when I first got there which explains this." I pause and point to my eye as we break apart from the hug. "But I won my last one, I'm in the top ten on our scoreboard!" I chirp happily and he chuckles, bringing his hand to me cheek and cupping it. "I'm here to talk to you about something though, as I think you'd know a lot more than me." I confess and walk to his sofa in the room, he follows and sits next to me. "You've met Eric right?" I question and he nods instantly.

"I've met him a few times although he's quite new to leadership, I hear he's quite tough, why do you ask Cassia?" He questions me back, I start to blush. "He hasn't done anything to you has he?" He begins to stand and I pull him back down.

"No-no, he's done nothing. I-I think he likes me, I just don't know what to do." I confess, sighing to myself. "I had a nightmare last night and woke up screaming this morning but Eric, he helped me. I collapsed and he took me back to his and gave me soup. I know it's just soup but why would he do that? He's supposed to be some tough Dauntless guy that everyone's scared of but Jack, he doesn't scare me. If anything he excites me." I stand up, biting my nails. It was a habit I had as a child. "I think I like him too." I murmured, however Jack still heard me.