29

Eric's POV

I woke up regretting what I had done, I shouldn't have killed that innocent girl. So what if she was different? It would be like killing Cassia. I could never bring myself to do that.

I cursed at myself and swung my legs around the side of the bed. I wiped my eyes and yawned, getting ready for another day at hell.

My eyes flicked over to my cabinet, a piece of paper was stood up on it, folded over like a little, long card. I picked it up.

Eric

Was written on the front in beautiful, curly writing that only one person I knew could do. I opened it up and read it, not that there was much to read.

I'm sorry

I love you

Cassia x

Confused, I furrowed my eyebrows at the message contained inside and thought about it hard. She's sorry? For what?

I changed quickly into more suitable clothes and shoved on my black combat boots, exiting my room and taking the note with me, trying to find her.

A failed to find her, searching anywhere and everywhere in desperation. Where'd she got to now?

I pulled Four over when I got the chance.

"Where is she?" I asked, not as angry as some of our recent conversations. He sighed and walked away from me. What?

Was she still upset about the divergent girl? I couldn't not do it? Max would've killed me if I didn't kill her. I guess I could've shot Max in the head.

Max approached me out of the blue and looked really anxious.

"That girlfriend of yours is getting on our nerves now, Eric." That was all he needed to tell me. She had ran away again. I knew it, I just knew it.

I followed him to the control room where all the camera footage is. It was from 1am this morning

She was standing at the exit, by the train. She was waiting for the exact moment. She had been crying, you could see that underneath her eyes were soaked with tears.

The train started up its engine then and Cassia closed her eyes, her chest rising and falling rapidly.

"I love you Eric." You could only just hear her croak out the words, the words that would break my heart. She had to last I love you. I didn't get to say it back.

She then clung onto a gun that she was carrying for safety and pulled herself into one of the train cars.

The train left with no warning. No goodbye. No kiss. Just like her. I furiously punched the desk and yelled out, cursing myself. If I hadn't killed that girl she wouldn't have left. She would be with me, hugging me, kissing me.

"We're setting up a retrieval party at this very moment." Max informed me but I shook my head. No. She would only leave again. I've hurt her too many times. She doesn't deserve this life.

"No." I grunted. "She'll only run away again and again." I admitted and he sighed.

"Then we have no choice, kill her." Max muttered and I turned to him, rapping a hand around his neck.

"If you step in a metres radius of her then you're dead meat, got it?" I threatened. "You're not killing this most beautiful thing in this world." I argued against him.

"She's hurt you, Eric." Max tried to convince me but it didn't even change a slight bit of my mind.

"I hurt her, Max. She deserves to be happy now, happiness is what she needs." I retorted and Max nodded.

I exited the control room and basically broke down. I actually fully cried. The first time I had properly cried since I was young.

This was it, no more Mr nice guy. It was time to work properly. I was a Dauntless leader, born to kill divergents, born to fight with Erudite, born to be a leader.

But I was also born to love Cassia Hollester.

$♡☆Well, it's finished:($
But there will be a sequel, it may take a while but I promise there definitely will be one.
Thank you guys

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow