21

My neck still hurt from the injection of the tracking device. The big gun I was holding made up for my sorrowful feelings though.

Those tracking devices also meant Jeanine could see what was happening at all times because she would be watching the camera footage around the city. Eric and I didn't want to show hat we were together in front of her, she would definitely have something to say about it.

I looked up at the camera in the corner of the train cart and rolled my eyes, sadly keeping distance from Eric. I missed his close presence around me, even though he was next to me, he wasn't being his normal, flirty self which I loved.

"You ready for this? The Factionless are quite a rowdy bunch." He told me but I nodded. I was ready for anything they threw at me. I was ready for this. He smiled at me and knew what I was thinking.

We jumped off the train in the middle of the city, people of different factions stopped to watch. Parents pulled their children back away from us. Call me weird but, I actually enjoyed the power I had.

A teen Abnegation girl looked up at me and smiled and I smiled and nodded slightly back. Even as we were walking away, I could feel her gaze was still placed upon me. She must want to be Dauntless.

Most other factions admired Dauntless members because they were so brave, so fearless.

"There was a young Abnegation girl staring at me." I told Eric and he smiled.

"So was her brother and parents." He added and I blushed immensely, I hadn't even noticed anyone else but her. "The Priors, that girl, Beatrice, her father helps with the council. Andrew Prior." He explained and I nodded. They must know Marcus Eaton then.

"I didn't even notice the rest of them." I admitted and he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Perhaps you know her somehow." He suggested but I knew there was something more to it. I shook it off and nodded.

We turned a corner, behind a huge building and came to a dead end. It wasn't normally a dead end but, the gathering of a few factionless blocked off the exit. "First encounter with factionless, brace yourself." Eric whispered to me and I giggled.

We slowly and hesitantly walked up to them. "Right, I want you out. You can't stay here." Eric told them and a few young boys about our age started laughing.

"You want us out?" One piped up, he had scruffy blonde hair but other than that, he looked in good shape. He must've once been in Dauntless. "I frown upon you, the old Dauntless were never like this." He added. He must've been Dauntless born then.

He started pacing towards us then, Eric grinned and stepped forward but I beat him to eat, blocking Eric and standing in front of him.

"This one's mine." I told Eric and I could feel that he would be licking his lips about now.

I threw my gun backwards and Eric caught it, this was between me and the boy. No guns, hand to hand combat, one of my best skills.

"I'm sure you'll be mine by the end of this." The boy stated and took a swing for my head but I stopped his fist with my hand. I was stronger than him, much stronger. I pushed him back then and he sunbed a little.

His friends laughed at him then and he got angry. He went for me again, aiming to wipe me out by my waist but I simply slid to he left, making him bump into Eric. Eric then tripped him over.

I stood there, folding my arms then while waiting for the boy to get back up.

"I can do better." He argued and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm sure you can, and my name is Jeanine Matthews." I retorted sarcastically and his friends laughed again, so did Eric his time.

He was outraged now, he charged at me with all his force but I crouched down, he fell over me and I kicked his leg to turn him over.

"Stay." I winked and placed my leg on his chest. He gave up and it made me smile. Maybe he'll think next time before thinking he's the best of the best.

"Now move alone." Eric told them and the rest of them packed up their stuff.

I took my foot off of the boy and offered him a hand up, which he thankfully took.

"Callan." He introduced while shaking my hand politely.

"Cassia." I greeted back and he smiled. "You should work out more, build your strength back up." I suggest and he nods.

"Cal! Come on!" A woman called him away. I took a quest that it was his mother.

"I hope to see you around, Cassia." He announces which makes me smile. I may have found a really good friend that I will probably never see again. He then took off, away with the rest of the group of factionless.

"Come on, we should get back." Eric spoke out of the blue and I nodded, taking my gun off him and holding it in my arms tighter than before.