18

The cart was shaking violently back and forth, when I say violently, I really meant it. Eric and I were the only people on the train at this early in the morning. Dauntless would never normally arise at these hours but this was important to me and Eric knew it too.

We were on out way towards the fence, the thing that separated us from the outside world but that was where the Amity faction lived, just beyond the fence. Away from the drama that takes place inside the city. We were acting as though we were just going there for a routine safety check, make sure nothing unusual was happening but, in reality, we were going there for me to see my brother.

Eric had his arm around me and was attempting to sleep for a few minutes before we had to get off again. I smiled at his cute face, I knew he wasn't asleep because he could feel my presence and was smiling softly back.

"Eric," I whisper quietly in his ear and he groaned, "Sir." I chuckled and tried to make it sound as sexy as possible.

"I take it back, call me Eric, please." He held his mouth opened a small bit in shock of how I made the small 'sir' sound when it exited my mouth. I chuckled at him and kissed his soft lips, biting my bottom lip afterwards. "You are so hot, Cassia, you know that?" He asked me rhetorically and I giggled.

"Come on, we need to get off." I told him, pulling his arms slightly.

"If only we could stay on for a bit longer." He whispered and pulled me onto him. I was now sitting, facing him with one leg either side both of his. I knew he had been waiting a while to take me but I wanted to hold back, although I did really want him to be my first. I wasn't ready for it at the moment. He knew what I was thinking and cupped my cheek, "I didn't mean it like that, Cass." He whispered, noticing a tear rolling down my cheek. God, I was such a puśsy.

"I just, I'm scared that if I don't give you what you want then you'll loose interest." I cowardly cried softly into his chest.

"Cass, I could never loose interest in you, in fact, I wanted to ask you something." He whispered into my ear and it made me feel better. I hoped he was being 100% truthful. He then pulled me back a bit so I was looking at him and he was looking at me. "Cassia Hollester, will you do me the honours of being my girlfriend?" He asked and I nodded frantically. He was so cute, of course I would. "I love you, Cassia." He croaked while hugging me again.

"I love you too, Eric."

×××××

Johanna Reyes was eyeing me up, even though she had seen me hours before. Was I wearing something she didn't like? Probably, because they weren't 'amity friendly' clothes. I smiled at her and she smiled a fake smile back.

"So, why are you here again, Eric?" She would ask Eric in an angry tone. I laughed because Amity weren't supposed to be angry people.

"Like I said, doing the normal safety checks, we'll walk around and observe for a while." He replied to her question, he was very abrupt with her and it made me smile.

"I don't see why we need it, we had one yesterday." Johanna had nearly caught us out.

"The dauntless from yesterday said there was slightly unusual activity going in a certain part of Amity grounds." I cut in, knowing Eric would've told her the truth in an angry manor. "That's why both us leaders are here, to check out that area." I added and it seemed to make more sense to her then.

"What area?" She would ask curiously.

"That doesn't matter to you." Eric growled and she glared at him. I then interwined my fingers with his, discreetly so she wouldn't know. He looked over to me when she glanced away and smiled for a short period of time.

"Well, stay for lunch I guess. You can observe all you'd like then." Johanna suggested and I nodded, if there was any way to find my brother, that would be it.

×××××

I didn't feel like eating so, Eric and I stood by one of the entrances into Amity's dining hall.

"I just don't understand, we should've found him by now. I mean, how big can this place be?" I asked Eric and he sighed.

"Maybe he left." He suggested.

I shook my head rapidly.

"No, he's not a quitter." I replied and searched around the room with my eyes for him. I couldn't see him, my eyes had failed me. I sighed deeply. I needed to see him, I needed to talk with him. He always made me feel better.

I turned out of the dining hall, leaving the inside for the outside. I was a fan of outdoors more than indoors and nearly everyone knew.

"Cassia!" I heard my name being called from far away. I look up in excitement and just my luck, my brother is running towards me at full speed.

I sprint toward him and wrap my arms around his neck, he wraps his around my waist and raises me off the ground. "Oh my god Cassia, I've missed you so much." He whispered to me even though we were outside. He then lowered me back onto the ground.

"Y - you transferred?" He stumbled upon his words and I nodded slightly, unable to fathom words at this point in time. "You were always smart." He smiled and hugged me once again. "But, Dauntless? You must've passed initiation then?" He asked, getting curious.

"I did, in fact, they've made me a leader." I admitted and his jaw dropped. "You, a leader of Dauntless?" He choked out. "My, my, Cassia doll. Dad would be so disappointed in himself when he sees you, you did this all without his help." He told me but I shook my head.

"If it wasn't for Dad beating me up, I wouldn't have chosen Dauntless, ever." I admitted and he frowned. He knew I wouldn't have, he knew I would've either stayed with father at Candor or transferred to Abnegation.

"Cassia, I can't see him!" Eric rose from the dining hall then and could already tell he'd noticed that my brother was in front of me. "Connor, is that you?" Eric asked my brother as he stepped closer.

"Eric?" Connor furrowed his eyebrows at Eric. Our of all three of us, I was most confused. How the hell did they know each other?