22

Eric and I enter Dauntless through the net way, the exilerating way that I came when I first saw him. Jeanine was waiting for us at the bottom, which I honestly found quite disturbing.

"Cassia, may I speak with you confidentially?" She asks me and I look back at Eric but he seems weary at the start.

"Yeah, sure." I told her and she smiled, leading the way to Max's office. Presumably that was the only quiet place at this moment in time. I closed the door behind us and braced myself. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked as politely as I could.

"I have a new proposal, of course you'll still be a leader but think of this as a...promotion." She began and I easy listening extremely carefully. "I would like you to be a part of project divergence." This made my head spin around in circles.

Project Divergence. This can't be good.

"We are bringing out a serum, one that can control people and make them more susceptible to ideas." She informed, this made me uncomfortable. "We will be giving it to Dauntless members, as a precaution, to find divergents. The serum won't work on divergents, we'll know straight away." She added and I nodded.

"You want me to help coordinate it?" I asked her and she smiled and nodded. She wanted me to help find my own kind so she can go and kill them.

"You may have to kill a few divergents of course." She informed and this hurt me, it made my heart cry.

"Why are divergents so bad, Jeanine?" I asked and she furrowed her eyebrows. Quick, make up an excuse. "It's just, nobody has really explained it to me." I saved myself and she understood.

"Well, you see Cassia, divergents are a threat because they are uncontrollable, we'll never have the upper hand." She told me.

"But why do you need to have upper hand? Have they done anyhing yet to threaten you?" I asked her, confusion written upon my entire face.

"They are living. That is a threat to us, they so not belong here, Cassia." She became more desperate to leave every minute.

"Okay." I replied. "I'll have to think about it." I told her. I have to find Four. He's the only one who knows here.

"Don't take too long, Cassia. I'm planning to test the serum in a few weeks time, once it's been perfected." She informed and I nodded. "Oh and, don't let me down. I don't like people who do." She ended with and left the room, leaving me in utter silence.

Let's face it, I cried.

It was such a difficult decision, do I put myself before others and go along with it or not and get myself killed. I wish I could make the decision as easy as 1,2,3.

I dropped down onto the floor, bringing my knees up to my chest and burrowing my head into them.

Why was all of this so hard?

♡☆¥Another shortt chapter¥
♡☆¥Sorreh Guys ¥