Chapter 7

Okay, I'm really sorry for not posting this chapter earlier, like yesterday or the day after chapter 6 because like I said in the A/N, I think it is important to upload as often as you can when you have posted a new story. But anyways, I wrote this today, partly in a rush because I wanted to upload.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

Saturday was a sunny day.

The sun wasn’t too hot but it was hot enough. I’d woken up and freshened up and had put on a pair of fitted knee-length jeans with a tight white tank top. I put my hair up in a high messy ponytail and added just a bit of rouge on my face. I could already smell the eggs and bacon my grandmother was making for breakfast and I smiled. I went downstairs and in to the kitchen, greeting my grandparents and Aunt Serena who sat there with a messy bun on the top of her head, a white loose tee and a pair of jeans that she had pulled up a little at the ankles. She looked up at me, her sunglasses sliding down her nose a little.

“Hello Arianna…” she said smugly, wiggling her eyebrows. I shot her a glare then smiled at my grandparents. I knew what she was thinking about and my grandparents still didn’t know anything.

“Hi, Serena,” I said, trying to sound a little stern in a discreet way. She only smirked and pushed her sunglasses back up. My grandmother set out a few plates and put some eggs and bacon and toast to everyone. We gathered around the table and started eating.

“So, did you guys have fun last night?” my grandfather asked casually, taking a huge bit of his toast. I nodded, not planning on filling them on any detail.

“Yeah. Jessica showed me around the house a little; it was amazing,” I said, chewing.

“It is, isn’t it?” my grandmother said, smiling. “Serena, is John coming today?”

“Yes he is actually. I think he’ll be here at three o’clock and then we’ll move in to our new house. I’m think I’m going to have a big dinner for the family since we’re all here now.”

“That sounds nice.”

“You will be the one cooking?” my grandfather asked, earning a suspicious look from Serena.

“Yeah… Why?”

“Then I’m not coming.”

I chuckled and my grandmother looked amused. Serena gaped at my grandfather, her father, feigning shock and disappointment. Typical of my grandfather to make a comment like that, I thought, chuckling again as I took a bite of my toast while chewing on a piece of egg.

Serena was pretty much famous for cooking badly; the first time we realized that was when my cousin Terry got sick an hour after eating dinner at Serena’s and to tell you the truth, not in a mean way, the food did not taste great. You’d see the look on everyone as we began eating. Even Serena looked a little disgusted but no one had said a word. Until Terry got sick.

“Dad!” Serena said. “I can’t believe you! I have improved my cooking skills over the last few months! You can ask John, he’ll tell you.”

“Okay, but I still won’t be able to come,” my grandfather said, still up to something. I just waited for his next comment.

“And why is that?” Serena asked, also knowing he’s going to say something.

“I’ll have a headache.”

A headache? You don’t even know when the dinner will be held! How can you have a headache? How can you possibly know you’ll have a headache when I  have my dinner?”