Chapter 20

• Dedicated to All my amazing readers!

After another LONG time, I'm updating! :)

Hope u guys like it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20 

I had missed running like this even though I hadn’t really been away for so long. But it was a nice, sorry scratch that, it was an amazing feeling; the wind in my hair, the sound of speed and branches and leafs in the background, the awesome skill werewolves had, running through the woods with the capability to not stumble on anything and never hesitate in case you think you’d get hit.

My heart fluttered at the thought of seeing Drake again. And seeing my family of course. Though, putting the “reunion” part aside, I was a bit angry with them for hiding Alex’s existence from me all these years. Somehow, I couldn’t bring myself to blame my parents because of what had happened to them and that only made me feel even angrier with my grandparents.

There was a weird smell surrounding me and I knew I had come really far away from Delgado. Something was off though; well, if you call, feeling a scent of werewolves you don’t think will harm you, “off”. It was a good thing, of course, but one could never know. I didn’t want to stop running but I knew I had to and so I did. There were more werewolf scents around the place and some of them I even recognized.

Movement.

As my mind registered something moving to my right, I immediately turned around and started silently going over to the trees that hid the slope. I froze when I saw three werewolves, sniffing the ground and just as my eyes landed on them, their eyes landed on me. Their eyes widened at the sight of me and I just stood there, frozen, wondering what they would do now. Though, I knew these were’s/people. But from where?

They approached me slowly and suddenly, several voices boomed in my head, making me jump at the sudden loud noise.

Arianna! Gosh, where are you?

We were so worried!

You’re back! I’m going to pee my pants!

Ari! Oh my God, do you know how worried we were?!

I recognized all the voices in my head but there was only one that had gotten my attention.

Where are you? Where the heck are you? I’m going to kill someone in two seconds if you don’t answer me and I don’t care who it is!

Drake! I answered, my heart repeatedly beating quickly in my chest. Where are you? I’m coming to you right now!

I could already feel his scent. The three werewolves were following me behind, or rather running after me since I had sprinted as soon as his voice came into my head. Running as fast as I could, I was so excited and happy that I was going to see him; I even ignored his angry voice. I didn’t have time to hear what he was ranting on about; I had to get to him quickly.

And there he was.

My mate.

The huge black werewolf, whose blue-green eyes were set on my green ones. Then I ran, just as he started running, towards him and rubbed my head on his neck. It felt weird, doing this “werewolf hug” in front of, well, practically all the werewolves in town.

Follow me, Drake’s voice came. I nodded and followed him away from the audience to a private place and watched him change into his naked human body. It was a sight to see. Blushing like mad – thank God he couldn’t see it in my wolf form – I went closer to him and changed, feeling his arms around my waist as soon as I was on my two feet.