Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I decided to try mind-link again while they guys were too busy leading the way.

Drake, can you hear me? Drake…?

I sighed, shaking my head. I didn’t want to be here.

“What’s the matter? Mind-link not working?” Devon asked quietly, glancing at me. I looked at him, surprised that he didn’t seem annoyed or something that I had tried it again.

“No,” I answered like a little stubborn child.

“You’re too far from your pack and mate for it to work anyways.”

“Whatever,” I mumbled.

“Don’t talk now,” Lucas said, speaking for the first time in what felt like forever, before knocking on the big door. I waited impatiently, wanting to tell Lucas off for thinking that he could tell me what to do like that.

“Come in!” a deep voice from the inside said. It was the same voice of the man that had told me I looked like my parents. I frowned, unwillingly walking into the big room, with Devon and Lucas, which consisted of “office” stuff, only for an Alpha, and a few guards here and there. And of course, him, in a big chair behind a large desk. This room, unlike the others, was darker and it fitted the outside of this mansion perfectly.

“Arianna,” the man said, turning his chair around so that we could see each other better. His ice blue eyes were like actual ice and I felt immediately cold. “Hello again.”

“Screw you,” I muttered, glaring at him. Devon looked at me wide-eyed from my left and Lucas slapped my arm – actually, slapped my arm! – from my right.

“Behave,” he said, his voice and eyes cold. I wanted to say something clever back but decided not to; let the big man speak and maybe I could be out of here faster.

Instead, though, the man laughed out loud, shaking his head in amusement as he looked at me with a glint in his eye.

“Just like Elisabeth, a troublemaker,” he said, still smiling. I raised my brows at him. He was speaking of my mother – again! I didn’t like that he did that, especially when he had knocked me out, kidnapped me and I didn’t even know who he was. I didn’t even know his name, for gods sake!

“Why am I here?” I asked, trying not to snap. “I don’t understand why you had to knock me out, take me to some weird place and then take me to this even weirder place in the middle of nowhere. What’s the point of all this?”

“Well, you see, my dear… you are a Wilson. And being a Wilson means secrets.”

“What? What kind of secrets?”

Secret secret’s,” he said with a warning in his tone.

“Okay that just sounded weird,” I said, confused by the whole situation. The man just smiled, not exactly kindly but somewhere on that road.

“You need to work on being quiet, Arianna,” he said, still smiling that weirdo smile though everything about him screamed warning to me.

“And you need to work on that smile, big guy,” I said, pointing disgustingly at him. Devon and even Lucas were holding back smiles, I could see it.

“Boys, take her to the room we arranged and stay there with her. She is a clever one so do not take your eyes off of her, do you hear me?” His eyes showed a dangerous warning that he was serious even though he laughed a little. If you can call that laughing, that is.

“Yes, sir,” they both said, took my arms again and led me out of there. I sighed of relief as soon as the door shut behind us.

“Thank God!” I breathed. “That man is weird.”