Chapter 6

[Metalclaw's POV]

We finally managed to drive EverClan away. They all turned tail and ran back to their territory. I looked around for Flamefur and saw her laying on the ground with many different scratches on her flank and blood still coming on of them.

"Sparklight!" I yowled for the medicine cat. I didn't want my mate to die. She couldn't. She still had to go to SmallClan and rescue them. She couldn't die now. No. Soon the light ginger shecat came over quickly. Her face was full of worry.

"She might not make it. She has lost a lot of blood. It is up to StarClan though I can still do as much as I can." Sparklight said carefully. She had to make it!

"No! She has to make it! She has to go to SmallClan with her brothers and save them. She can't do it if she isn't saved." I said with a tear going down my cheek already. She couldn't die on me. Soon I felt our kits crowd around us. I looked around and didn't see Tinypaw. She couldn't of died either.

"I will do my best. If she is needed here then she will be spared. I can't do miracles though and you know that." Sparklight said.

"Where is Tinypaw. Please tell me she isn't dead." I said pleadingly. I couldn't loose two of my family in one day. No, it may of just been one day but it was also one battle.

"She is fine. Just been knocked out. She was hit pretty hard in the head." Sparklight reassured me. I nodded and stayed by Flamefur.

"She's going to make it right?" Emberpaw asked her voice wavering.

"Of course she'll make it! She's one of the strongest warriors." Blackpaw said.

"She has to live anyways. She wouldn't be able to take care of us if she didn't." Lightpaw said softly.

"She's going to live. I just know it." I told them all.

"How do you know?" Maplepaw asked me.

"I just do. Now come on, we need to let Sparklight do whatever she can for her." I told them and started to head away from Flamefur's body. My kits went back to their den and I looked around for any other cats that were badly hurt.

That's when I saw Embercloud laying still on the ground. I rushed over to him. He wasn't breathing. I felt someone come beside me and I saw a star-lined figure. It looked like Embercloud.

"I'm in StarClan now. I'm happy here with Bluesnow. Make sure my kits are okay." Embercloud smiled and started to disappear. I sighed and buried my muzzle in his cold fur. I could of helped him.

"Embercloud?" Summerstripe asked as she inched herself closer. I looked around for her siblings but saw they were all checking on each other.

"Yes, I'm sorry. He was killed in the battle." I said. She nodded and sat next to me leaning against me. I could hear her muffled sobs against my fur.

"I've lost both of my parents now." She chocked out. I nodded.

"The rest of the clan is still here for you. It will all be okay." I told her. She sighed and stayed leaning against me. I looked around then saw Spokenstar leaning over a dead body.

---------------------------

One other cat has died. Can you guess who it is? They are related to Spokenstar. Now, I hope you had a happy new year and liked this chapter. Don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!