Chapter 10

[Venompaw's POV]

I looked around the gathering place. It was amazing! Sadly this was my first time going to the gathering. Blossompaw was also there since she was a new apprentice. Snowingpaw couldn't come though so I was left alone. MapleClan and TideClan were the only clans there right now. I looked around a little more and saw DepthClan coming. I smiled then padded over to a group of TideClan apprentices. As DepthClan came some of those apprentices came over too. I saw Blossompaw leaning against a black tom with brown spots on his flanks and tiny white spots on his face. The tom had blue eyes too. It even looked like Blossompaw was being overly friendly with the tom.

"Blossompaw," I warned her as I looked to her. She snapped her head to me and growled a little.

"Oh look, it's the leader's prized son." Blossompaw laughed. I growled a little.

"That is not true! He loves me and Pricklepaw just the same. He loves Snowingpaw just the same too." I added at the end or she would of said something about my sister.

"No really, your all he ever talks about in training. He's always like 'why can't you do that? Venompaw did it on his first try' and 'Venompaw could catch three times more then you can when he was your age.'" Blossompaw said mocking my father's voice.

"He does not! Don't mock my father either or I'll get him to put you on apprentice duties for a week!" I growled slightly. Then a DepthClan apprentice stepped in.

"Hey, don't fight." The apprentice, Heartpaw from what I remembered, said softly.

"And who are you?" Blossompaw asked getting up from beside the black tom and walking over to Heartpaw.

"I am Heartpaw." Heartpaw said softly as she looked at Blossompaw not fazed by her. "You must be Blossompaw. I've heard a little about you from Venompaw." She said and looked to me.

"Oh really? What did he say?" Blossompaw asked with her face lit up a little. Maybe she was just trying to find another way to make fun of me. Stupid shecat. She was so annoying.

"I just said how annoying you are." I snapped to her.

"Yea, that's all he said. He kept saying how annoying you are." Heartpaw said. Blossompaw backed up and went back over to the black tom.

"Well, um, this is awkward. I'm Frecklepaw, a new apprentice in TideClan." The black tom said. I scoffed a little.

"I'm Venompaw, an apprentice from MapleClan." I told the group of apprentices.

"I'm Heartpaw, an apprentice from DepthClan." Heartpaw smiled to everyone. Soon her siblings and some other apprentices from DepthClan came over.

"Well I'm Eaglepaw, another new apprentice to TideClan." A brown tom smile softly and looked to Heartpaw with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I'm Blossompaw, a new apprentice to MapleClan." Blossompaw scoffed a little. I rolled my eyes and looked to the other apprentices.

"I'm Aquapaw, an apprentice from DepthClan." Heartpaw's brother, Aquapaw, said. I met him once in the last battle.

"I'm Frostpaw, another new apprentice to TideClan." A white shecat next to Eaglepaw said softly and smiled to me.

"I'm Winterpaw, an apprentice from DepthClan." Another white shecat smiled looking to everyone before landing her eyes on a dark brown tom next to Frecklepaw.

"I'm Thornpaw, a new apprentice to TideClan." The dark brown tom smiled and looked at Winterpaw with warm eyes.

"I'm Maplepaw, a new apprentice from DepthClan." A tom next to Aqaupaw said.

"I'm Emberpaw, a new apprentice from DepthClan." A shecat next to Maplepaw said.

"I'm Leopardpaw, an apprentice from DepthClan." Leopardpaw smiled from beside Heartpaw.

"We are going to start the gathering since EverClan is not coming!" Silverstar said. "I'll go first if you don't mind." He looked back to the other two leaders.

"I would like to go first though." Spokenstar spoke up a little.

"Okay, go ahead." Silverstar smiled and stepped back. I wonder what she had to say that was so important.

"DepthClan has been in battle today. Without the help of MapleClan I don't think we would of made it. We will be doubling our patrols on all our borders just in case, mainly EverClan though. We also have six new apprentice and one new warrior. Welcome Softrose as a new warrior to DepthClan and Tinypaw, Maplepaw, Emberpaw, Blackpaw, Lightpaw, and Fuzzypaw as new apprentices to DepthClan!" Spokenstar smiled then turned to the other leaders and mumbled something.

"Softrose! Tinypaw! Maplepaw! Emberpaw! Blackpaw! Lightpaw! Fuzzypaw!" All the cats cheered. Since EverClan wasn't there we all liked each other.

"I'll go next now. MapleClan is doing fine. We are here to help our fellow clans against the Dark Forest and EverClan. We also have a new apprentice and her name is Blossompaw." Silverstar smiled and saw me.

"Blossompaw!" All the cats except for me and Heartpaw cheered.

"Also, I know this is a gathering but I think I should do this now. This apprentice has trained harder then anyone I've ever seen before. If you don't mind I would like to give an apprentice his warrior name here." Silverstar continued and looked to the other leaders.

"Go ahead." Whitestar nodded. Spokenstar just nodded.

"Then Venompaw, do you accept the live by the warrior code and protect your clan even if it means your life?" Silverstar asked me. I was shocked.

"I do!" My voice boomed around the gathering.

"Then, by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. From this moment on you shall be called Venomtooth for your loyalty and bravery. We welcome you to MapleClan as a full warrior." Silverstar smiled. I smiled back and looked around as everyone started to cheer my name.

"Venomtooth! Venomtooth! Venomtooth!" They all cheered. Well all except for Blossompaw. I didn't mind though.

"Now, if your done I'll go." Whitestar said.

"Yes, I am done." My father said and stepped back for Whitestar to take over.

"Now, TideClan has been doing great. We have lost one kit sadly but we have four new apprentices. Welcome Thornpaw, Frecklepaw, Eaglepaw, and Frostpaw!" Whitestar yowled.

"Thornpaw! Frecklepaw! Eaglepaw! Frostpaw!" We all cheered.

"Meeting dismissed. Go ahead and go back to talking." Whitestar said then turned his back and talked to Silverstar and Spokenstar.

--------------------------

Longer chapter. And yea, I'm delaying ending the book for a little longer because I've been busy. I'll have it finished by the end of the month though! I hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!