Chapter 9

[Summerstripe's POV]

Yes! I was going to the gathering!! I could see Robinheart again. I hope he was going. I looked around for my apprentice and saw him in the medicine cat den with Lightningpaw and Tinypaw. Tinypaw was still knocked out. I felt bad for the smaller shecat. She had fought hard and got herself knocked out. It wasn't my fault anyways. She actually was doing pretty good until my ungrateful apprentice came and tried to help her when she didn't need it. Stupid tom. I growled to myself and looked up to see Spokenstar coming out of her den.

"Cats going to the Gathering follow me." She yowled. I got up and quickly followed her. The sooner we got there the sooner I could see Robinheart hopefully and get to talk to him before the meeting starts.

The rest of the cats hurried along and I found myself walking next to my sister, Burninghope, as she walked in between me and Dustyleap. I was surprised they weren't mates by all the time they spend together. I could even see the look of love in Dustyleap's brown eyes as he looks at my sister. I smiled softly and tried not to eavesdrop too much.

"Want to sit by me at the gathering?" Dustyleap asked.

"I'm not sure. I kinda wanted to meet some new cats from the other clans." Burninghope said causing Dustyleap to slightly growl. I really wished that Burninghope didn't hear it.

"Why do you want to me those cats that killed your father?!" Dustyleap said outraged.

"They didn't all kill him! I never said I was going to meet any EverClan warriors anyways." Burninghope said. I felt bad for them now. I didn't want them to fight.

"Oh, so your going to be meeting a warrior? Might as just leave me in the cold now." Dustyleap growled.

"That's not what I meant and you know that!" Burninghope growled. Then under her breath she said, "Mouse-brain."

"How can I know? I'm not a mind reader!" Dustyleap said as they kept walking. I somewhat wanted to keep eavesdropping but I knew I should. I did anyways. I quickly padded back there and listened to them.

"You should know because I love you and you alone." Burninghope said softly. My eyes widened for a second. So my sister really did love the tom.

"Burninghope, I'm sorry." Dustyleap said in return. Burninghope shook her head and turned her head away from him to look at me. I could tell she was wanting to cry.

"You heard all that didn't you?" She asked. I nodded softy then shot a glare to Dustyleap. He hurt my sister.

"Want to sit with me at the gathering? I was going to go talk to some TideClan and MapleClan warriors. Mainly MapleClan most likely since we are allied with them." I told her trying not to say anything about Robinheart, my mate.

"Sure, that sounds better." She said softly and leaned against me a little so our fur brushed together as we walked. I didn't mind since she was my sister. I looked over to Dustyleap was and didn't see him. Stupid tom. He didn't deserve my sister if he was going to hurt her.

---------------------------------

Gathering in the next one. What will happen? Read when up! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!