Chapter 7

[Leopardpaw's POV]

I stayed back by my siblings. We had lost two great warriors today. One was Embercloud and the other one was Tuxheart. I sat in the back as Spokenstar slowly made her way up on High Rock. Softpaw looked prideful as she sat down in the back with the rest of us. Soon the rest of the apprentices came back to us. All of us were here except for Tinypaw. I wondered where she was.

"Cats of DepthClan, we have lost two great warriors today but I also saw one apprentice fighting amazingly. We may of lost two warriors but that won't stop us. We will keep training harder and harder. Now, Softpaw, step forward." Spokenstar said.

I looked over to Softpaw as she got up and headed closer to High Rock. All the warriors parted away from each other to make room for the apprentice to walk through. She even looked prideful.

"I can't believe she's becoming a warrior. You fought amazingly and helped Aquapaw and Tinypaw. What did she even do?" Heartpaw hissed at my side.

"I don't know, I don't want to be a warrior yet." I told her softly so no one else could hear us. She nodded and looked back to Spokenstar.

"By the powers of StarClan, I give this apprentice a warrior name. Softpaw, from this moment on you shall be called Softrose. DepthClan honors you for your bravery and courage." Spokenstar smiled to the new warrior. I scoffed. I didn't see that shecat do anything. I got all the apprentices together. We fought a warrior together.

"Foxbrain." I heard Creampaw mutter from the other side of me. I chuckled softly and nodded.

"Now, since the gathering is also tonight, I am picking the cats that will be going. Nightmoon, Sparklight, Metalclaw, Firestream, Lionsun, Summerstripe, Burninghope, Dustyleap, Maplepaw, Heartpaw, Aquapaw, Winterpaw, Emberpaw, and Leopardpaw." Spokenstar said. I was still wondering who my new mentor would be.

"I hope you get someone good for your mentor." Heartpaw smiled to me softly. I nodded and looked to Spokenstar.

"Leopardpaw, since your mentor died and you need a new mentor, I will be your mentor." Spokenstar smiled. I couldn't believe it! I was going to be her apprentice! That was awesome.

"Thank you Spokenstar." I said to her. She dipped her head a little.

"Meeting dismissed. Those that are going to the gathering get ready soon." Spokenstar said then jumped off the rock.

"Your the leader's apprentice! That's awesome!" Creampaw said.

"Really awesome." Lovepaw said to me.

"I'm going to talk to Spokenstar and Sparklight real quick." Creampaw said then darted to were the leader and medicine cat were talking. Was she going to become the medicine cat apprentice?

"I'm going to see if Tinypaw is awake. Anyone want to come with me?" Aquapaw asked.

"I'll come." Lightningpaw said and followed Aquapaw over to the medicine cat den.

"Well, what should we do for now?" I asked getting kinda bored.

"Let's go bring some prey to the queens and kits." Lightpaw suggested.

"Alright, let's do that. Well, not all of us. Who all wants to go?" I asked them.

"I do." Lovepaw and Blackpaw both said at the same time. I chuckled softly.

"I will." Winterpaw said softly.

"That's good. Let's go." I told them and headed to the fresh kill pile. I picked up a small rabbit for the kits and I didn't pay attention to what everyone else got. We all headed to the nursery.

"Here, we brought you some food." Winterpaw said and dropped her robin next to Sunflare.

"Thank you." Both of the queens smiled as we placed the prey down for them.

-------------------------

Leopardpaw is now the leader of the apprentices. I don't know why I picked him. I feel like he would be a good leader though. Now, yea, Tuxheart died. Whoops, oh well. Now I hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to leave a vote or a comment!