6

Justine's outfit and horse on the side/above
Play the song also while you read <3
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I woke up to the feeling of fluffy sheets and quiet. Smiling, I rolled out of bed and headed to my own bathroom. What I didn't know that on weekends we were allowed to go home. I turned on the shower and stuck my hand under it to check the temperature and then started peeling off my night gown. I should have asked Mitchie for her number so we could have went out today, I thought as I stepped in the shower. I sighed as the warm water rained on my skin. The shower on base was nothing compared to this and it was much more private. A knock on the door tore me out of my moment.

"Justine, don't take too long. I have plans for us today."

"Coming," I said scrubbing my skin and rinsing off quickly. Wrapping my robe around me quickly, I walked into my room and found a dress, on its stand, in the middle of my room. I walked over to it and smiled. My personal maid, Susan smiled over at me. "This is for me?" I asked.
She nodded.
"You are to go horse back riding with milady this morning," she said taking the dress off the stand. Horse back riding?

•••

The idea that I was going to ride a horse didn't sink in until I walked in the front of the mansion and saw the Duchess standing next to the black beast. I smiled walking down the staircase and she chuckled petting him. "You like him?" She asked.

"He's beautiful and black," I giggled. "He's perfect."

"Good because he's yours. We are going for a ride," she said walking over to a brown horse that one of the guards were holding onto. I looked up at my horse and Raoul came over to me and kneeled with his hands cupped together. "I've got you, milady," he said confidently. I smiled and held onto the saddle, throwing my legs over it and steading myself.

Duchess gave me a nod and then nudged the side of her horse to signal him to go. I did the same and followed next to her. "A perfect day for a ride," she said smiling at me. "There is a visiting Frenchman in town and I want to see how well you do with him."

I knew it. "Why is there always a motive with you?" I frowned. Duchess chuckled.

"I thought teaching you the ways of Aristocracy was apart of our deal?" She reminded me innocently. I rolled my eyes and she chuckled. "Raoul, I want to ride faster! Lets go. Hyah!"

Duchess and her horse took off and I was only a few paces behind her. I can't imagine who this Frenchman is.

•••

"Wow..."
After riding through the woods we finally reached an estate owned by the Mason family and was hosting the Frenchman's stay. The estate itself looked like it had more history than a high school textbook. As we got closer, the front doors opened and a guy stepped out of the house, bowing to Duchess.

"Aunt."

Duchess jumped down from her horse as the guy straightened up and my breathing stopped. It couldn't be...
"Joel?" I whispered.
Both of their heads snapped to me and before Joel could say anything another man stepped out of the house, laughing. "Aunt! What a surprise!" His voice boomed. Duchess recovered quickly and then turned to me. "Boys, I have someone I want you to meet," she said and nodded for me to get down from the horse.

Raoul helped me get down and I walked over to stand next to Duchess who smiled. "This is my pupil and a Candidate in this year's Titan Games, Ms. Justine Ryder."
The two guys bowed to me and I curtsied for them.
"Sirs," I mumbled looking at Joel. Why was he looking at me like he didn't know who I was?