36

Krash grabbed my arm and started running in the opposite direction. I kicked off my heels as we ran down the stairs and I heard the thudding of the paws. "Werewolves?! What else is out there that I don't know about?!" I shouted at Krash.

"Vampires, Nymphs, Sirens," he shouted back. "Everything that goes bump in the night!"

Oh because being a Titan hybrid isn't enough. I turned around as one of the wolves lunged for me. Clapping my hands together the ground raised up and I heard a loud crack. Turning around I rolled my eyes at Krash's shocked face and pulled him to what looked like an elevator. I pushed him inside when I heard a click and turned to see Alex with a gun to Krash's face. "Alex—"

"We need to get to the basement," Alex growled in his face. "Take us to the hostages."

Krash stayed silent as he pressed buttons on the elevator. I pulled off the blonde wig and threw it on the ground in frustration. "If you are such a victim as you say why did you take our people?" I snapped at him.

Krash looked at Alex and then me. "They were bit."

"Bit. By. What?" Alex snarled at him.

"Vampires. They came into the compound I originally held them in and bit them," Krash explained. "That's why I moved them here but the other two died from the bite."

The fuck? I looked at Alex, "How is that possible?"

"Yes, Alex, how is that possible?" Krash asked sarcastically which made Alex push his gun in Krash's face. "Don't say anything else to her," Alex snapped.

I frowned as the elevator doors opened and I stepped out to see Cherine and Staci trying to open a steel door. "What's behind that door?" I asked stepping over the unconscious bodies.

"The two hostages," Krash said.

Alex looked at Staci, "Where's Joel and the others?"

Staci yanked the lock open and looked at Cherine who chuckled darkly. "Justine's side piece decided to join the party," she said.
I raised an eyebrow, "Sidepiece?"

"Fucking Nicholas," Alex grumbled pushing Krash into the room. First of all, why the fuck is Nicholas known as my Sidepiece?! Fuming, I stomped into the room and glared at the two people staring at us. "Get up. We need to go," Staci ordered.

The blonde woman looked at us, scared, "W-we can't go back. We've been bitten! The Council will have us killed—"

"Let Valentine be the judge of that," Cherine said and I noticed the face Krash made. Cherine and Staci uncuffed the blonde and the silent shadow, guiding them out of the room. I followed them next to Krash who scoffed.

"Since when does a Mason follow the orders of a Spalding?" He snapped.

Alex growled at him and I grabbed his arm tightly. "Alex," I warned. Alex gave me a glare before pushing Krash against the wall. "How do we get out from here, Ortega?" Krash pointed down the opposite hall and I heard a low growl coming from that direction. I wasn't surprised when a huge brown wolf turned the corner snarling at us.

The wolf lunged but Cherine raised her hand and a black ball shot from her hand, sending the wolf flying into the wall. Cherine said nothing as she pushed me forward and follow after Alex. "Where are you taking us?" The blonde asked with a shaky voice.

"Back to London," Staci kicked opened the back door, pulling out her gun and walking out the door first. There was a lot of vines and flowers where we were and I realized we were in a garden.

Krash grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him, "I can't go back to London with you. Valentine will kill me."

"He will kill you if you run," Alex said.

Krash looked at the briefcase over my shoulder and then behind me. I turned to see Jonathan, Carter and Dorrian jogging towards us, shirtless. "Is there a reason why you are missing articles of clothing?" Cherine asked.

"We had to take out the mutts," Carter said and then looked at me. "Joel is busy fighting your sidepiece—"

"Stop calling him that!" I snapped. "Let's get these two on the first flight to London and I want to know what Joel wants to do with Krash."

The boys looked at each other and shrugged. I turned to Krash who was looking up at the sky. When I got closer to him I noticed he had a small smile on his face. "You know my brother is your age? His nickname is Bash," he chuckled. "We grew up poor and I swore...I told him that I would make a better life for both of us."

"Selling drugs isn't a better life," I said softly.

"It's all I had. Thanks to it when I'm gone my brother will be a billionaire," Krash said looking down at me. He looked over my shoulder and I followed his gaze to see Joel walking towards us, pissed off.
"Justine—"

An arm wrapped around my neck and pulled me back as I felt the steel against my head. Even though I had a gun to my head nothing was more scarier than the look on Joel's face...or on his siblings. "Krash—"

"I'm ready to die. You have everything you need in that briefcase," he whispered in my ear. "You'll find my brother's number in there." Staci raised her gun and pointed it at Krash. The last thing I needed was for them to shoot him.

"Krash, you dying isn't going to stop whatever Valentine is planning," I said in a hushed tone. "You have to—"

"You think Joel Mason is going to let me live after I pointed a gun at his mate's head?" He chuckled darkly. "I'd rather die by him then tortured by Valentine."

On our left side I heard growling and of course another wolf, black as night, came out of nowhere and I would bet my next paycheck that it was Nicholas. I looked at Joel and his eyes were wild. Krash isn't trying to kill me. "Joel—"
"Here's how this will work, Mason, I'm going to leave this place and you will make it happen," Krash snapped at Joel.

"Or I can break your legs and hand you to Valentine with a bow," Joel said walking towards us. "Give me my girl, Ortega." Krash pulled me backwards and I held up my hands. Joel paced in front of us like he had a fire lit underneath his ass and Staci tensed up.

"Joe I have a clear shot," she said.

"Don't," Joel growled.

Alex ran his hands through hair, growling and I felt Krash's arms loosened around me. I looked Joel in the eyes and he squeezed his fists tight. "You know Krash I would like to go one month without getting shot," I said. Before he could say anything I elbowed him in his gut and turned his arm around with the gun but then I heard it go off and suddenly the sound felt muted around me. Krash had this weird little smile on his face and I looked down to see his hand on the trigger.

"Justine!"

I was pulled away from Krash and I felt hands on my body and I saw it was Joel. He grabbed my face and made me look at him. "You're okay," he said quietly.

"Good shot, Jus."
I looked over and saw Krash was lying on the ground, bleeding out. I made a move toward him but Joel kept a firm grip on me. "You can't let him—"

"He wanted this, Justine," Joel said coldly. "It was either this or Valentine."

I looked at Joel, "But I shot him...and he's going to die knowing that."