Mother's Day Special

Elizabeth

"That's all for today."
I watched as our recruits packed up their things and filed out of the auditorium. It was almost six in the morning but I was dragged out of my bed at four to teach a class on something someone else could have done. I snatched my folder, heading to the door when a head poked in looking at me.

I smiled, "Justine."

Justine smirked at me, opening the door wider and winking, "I was on my way out when I heard you were here."

"Joel allowed you out the house so early?" I asked chuckling. She linked her arm in mine and started telling me about the conversation she had with Joel before leaving. Being a wife and mother of seven I had thought many times about retiring from the organization. My children were old enough to make their own choices so they don't really need me anymore. Atleast that's what I believe.
"Huh?" I zoned out. When did we get to the car?
Justine shook her head opening passenger side for me, "Do you know what today is?" She asked again. Her birthday? No, that's in April and Cherine would have thrown a party. I shook my head which made her frown. Justine didn't press it any further and just went around and got in the car.

•••

Later that day, I changed into a red gown under Cherine's request and after an hour of Staci and Mitchie fixing my hair I needed to escape.
"You know something, Eric?"
Eric peeked up at me as I walked into his office. When he did little things like that he looked a lot like Joel and Jonathan. His hair was messed up from probably running his hand through it, hunched over paperwork, he was wearing a black suit and a red tie which he took off and was on his third glass of whiskey. How the man manages to run a faction, help raise seven children and stay fit is beyond me. When I reached his desk, he sat in his chair and leaned back, "What is it, Angel?"

I sat on the edge in front of him, "I want another child."

Eric almost spit out his drink and I clapped a hand over my mouth to stop my laughter. He wiped his mouth and looked over at me, wide-eyed, "Another one?! The soccer team we have now isn't enough for you, my love?"

"Five princes and two princess," I nodded. "I want another girl."

Eric stared at me to see if I was joking and when it finally clicked he just smiled and nodded, "You're talking about Justine."
I nodded.
"She isn't an orphan like Carter and Cherine was, baby—"

I frowned, "Staci and Cherine are lost causes. None of our sons are faithful enough to get married and give us grandchild and Justine...She's been with us long enough...I feel like she's my own already. Knowing what I know about her real mother—"
"Beth," Eric grabbed my hand as he stood up to stand in front of me, squeezing it. I blushed slightly at the use of my old nickname. My dream was to be a mother. I loved raising each and everyone of my children...if I'm not a mother anymore then what am I?

Eric kissed the top of my head, "No matter what...there is one job no one can take from you," he said softly.

The doors to his office swung open and when we turned Justine, dressed beautifully in a red dress with her makeup and hair done, grabbed my hand, "Come!"
I looked at Eric then back her, "Where are we going?"

"The dinning room," she pulled me out of the office and turned to glare at Eric. "Come on, you!"

"I'm coming. I'm coming," Eric mumbled following behind us. She led us into the dinning room where there was bouquets of flowers everywhere, Roses and lilies, red and white balloons floating around, brunch set on the table, bottles of wine and a huge white teddy bear at the head of the table seated. I looked around the room at Devlin, Mitchie, Jade, Lexi, Jude and all my children, dressed in red, smiling at me. I looked at Justine, "What's all this?"

"For some reason no one in this family knew what today was," She rolled her eyes after glaring at Joel who shrugged. "Happy Mother's Day!"
Mother's Day? "Is this an American thing?" I asked.

"It's a human thing apparently," Jonathan chuckled taking me from Justine. "She damn near chewed our heads off."

Mitchie snorted, "Not us," she gestured to herself, Devlin and Jude. "We know what Mother's Day is."
Jonathan helped me into my seat while Eric settled on my left and Justine sat at my right with Joel next to her. She leaned over and whispered, "Today is a day where people celebrate their mother. They give gifts and some go out to eat," she smiled. "We are doing both."

I smiled at her, "My role as a mother was fulfilled along time ago. My children don't need me anymo—"

"Nonsense," Joel said pouring his glass and Justine's. "There are still things you have to do. Especially in this house."

"Especially with Alexander's dumbass," Carter smiled.

"Hey!"

"Also who's going to help my accident prone mate when we have children of our own?" Joel smirked. Justine's face turned the color of her dress making Eric and I chuckle. I don't remember much about my own mother but I remember her always saying her job was done. She said she raised me right and there was nothing else to teach me. Now that I looked around the table at my children and my faction I see that mine isn't finished yet. I caught Dorrian smiling at me from across the table and he raised his glass, along with everyone else, "You are the reflection of what I will look for in my mate," he said softly. "A warrior, advisor, teacher and forever and always our mother."

"To Elizabeth!" Lexi cheered.

"To Elizabeth!"

Joel leaned over and whispered something in Justine's ear making her turn towards me. My heart swelled as Justine grabbed my hand and clinked our glasses together, blushing, "Happy Mother's Day, Mom."
I smiled taking a sip and then pausing when I realized what she said. I couldn't stop the tears that fell. Justine looked at Joel asking what she did but he just smiled. Eric laughed wiping away my tears, "A mother's work is never done."

••••••••••••••••

Happy Mother's Day To All My Readers & Elizabeth, the Queen of the Mason Family! ❤️💕👑🌹