55

Nicholas drove us to the Mason faction house and when I saw the gates I knew what his plan was. If I was going to do this, I have to do it in the house. Jude made small talk with Nicholas on the way while I had my arms crossed with a set scowl on my face, glaring at Nicholas anytime he turned to look at me. I must have looked like a real child as I got out of the car and stomped up to the front door. Victor opened the door for me and I hollered Eric's name, which made some of the faction members who were visiting look at me confused. He did say I should come to him even when I don't think I should. Nicholas guided Jude to the library, giving me a sympathetic look along the way. Fuck you, traitor.

Eric's office door opened from the corner of my eye as the man himself emerged from his domain. I was still getting used to the casual look on him when he wasn't wearing his uniform. He actually looked like someone's father. "Please tell me you have an actual reason for screaming down my house," he grumbled stopping in front of me. When he got a good look at me, Eric gave a stiff nod and turned around walking back to his office. I followed behind him quietly, shutting the doors behind me. His office had the stern and manly vibe to it. Eric turned toward me and jerked his chin.

"Talk."

"I found Devlin's little sister and she's currently in the faction house," I rushed out. No point in prolonging it.

Eric glared at me, "You found her? How do you find a whole person, Justine?"

Oh boy. "She goes to school with me but you would recognize her as the guy I'm always with," I explained. Eric thought about it for a minute then nodded. He leaned against the front of his desk, "And how did you find out about her being Devlin's sister?"
I can't tell him about Bash. I bit my lip, looking at my feet. "It was during my research into Krash and his brother. Jude was Krash's foster sister when she was in the system."

Eric's brows dipped more and I knew I was in for it. "And you didn't tell Joel before he left about this?" I shook my head. "Then you bring her here. If I didn't consider you capable for this mission or as a daughter I would take you off of this assignment," he snapped. For some reason my heart leaped when he said daughter. It was a foreign feeling but I liked it. "I would like your permission to have them meet, General," I said straightening up.

"Does she know about the organization?"

"No, sir."

Eric sighed, walking over to me and placing a hand on my head. "You want to reunite them?" I nodded. "I'll allow it. They will meet and she stays for dinner."
I smiled up at him and nodded again, bowing slightly. "Thank you."

"And Justine, no more decisions with about my approval, understood? I have a short tempered son who would raise hell if something happens to you on my watch," he said smiling softly. Joel. My thoughts drifted to how he was and if the mission he was on was going well. Our link was still open but I felt the wall he put up. I bowed one more time before walking out of his office.

•••

Mitchie, Staci, Cherine and the Mason siblings watched me as I paced Devlin's room floor mumbling to myself. Jude was still in the library and Devlin was in the shower, unaware of all this. After the tenth lap, Dorrian created a chair made out of vines and forced me to sit down in it. "Pacing doesn't make this easier," Dorrian told me.

"Nothing is going to make this easier," I hissed. I flinched when Devlin's bathroom door unlocked, opened and he stepped out looking at all of us. Mitchie had the nerve to blush and look away. Sure he was in his towel, still wet and exposed....no biggie. He raised an eyebrow and held onto his towel tighter. "I'm all for stripping but there is a high population of man here," Devlin shrugged. "Unless you guys are into that kind of thing."