Chapter 15 A Little Less 16 Candles a Little More"Fight Me" Part 1

[the crap you have all been waiting for..hopefully]

10-22-05 4:13 pm

Andy's POV

"Now is the time to attack! If we don't soon, who knows what they will do to him.." I couldn't tell who was even saying that, but I didn't care. "How?" I questioned. "Does that really matter? If we get Brendon's blood we can save Pete." Joe exclaimed. Trying to hide my irritation was becoming more difficult with each addition to the conversation. "Having a plan is the most important thing we can do." I reasoned, but nobody seemed to agree.

"C'mon, I know we could do it." Devin encouraged. "With a plan." I added quickly. "Andy's right." Patrick said. "We can do this with a plan. So, what do we do?" That's when an awkward silence fell over the room and we realized a critical failing point. Nobody had any idea what to do. "I have an idea." said the last person I would've expected. AJ strode into the kitchen and sat on the counter. She had a mischieveous glint in her eye and I knew whatever she was about to say was not going to go over well with her cousin.

"Shoot." Patrick said, seemingly interested, but I could see the doubt in his expression. "Okay," AJ began, running a hand through her short hair, messing it up slightly, "I couldn't help, but overhear your conversation. Thanks for including me, by the way." she added sarcastically. "Anyway, the vamps don't know me. I could sneak in, find out a way for you guys to get Brendon, and we can bust out Pete." It actually wasn't a bad plan, but it looked as if  EJ wasn't breathing.

"Absolutely not." That answer wasn't surprising at all. "For God's sake!" An exasperated AJ huffed and stood up. "I don't see you coming up with a plan." She countered angrily. Devin jumped in taking a side immediately, "She has a point. It's a good plan." The yelling and arguing commenced, and it felt like the same things were being said over and over only in louder voices.

I looked over to Joe, who was staring back at me. 'Should we do something?' His facial expression asked me. I nodded back. "Guys," Joe interrupted, stepping in between them. "She's only fourteen, Devin! Why are you agreeing with her?" Joe creating a wall didn't make a difference in the slightest. They continued arguing as if he was not there.

"Guys, may I interject?" Patrick asked. "No!" all three yelled at the same time. "This isn't even your argument, Devin." EJ accused, calmly. "Well, if I don't say anything you won't listen to her!"

"Shut up, Devin! She is my responsibility and I say no. It isn't even that good of a plan!"

"How would we know if we don't try!" AJ cried.

"I said no!"

I turned around and opened the cupboard. I grabbed three glasses and filled them with water from the sink. "What are you doing?" Patrick asked. "Trust me." I whispered. I set the glass on the counter and whispered instructions to Joe. When there was a moment between them yelling at each other Joe took the opportunity to shout, "Quiet!"

"Thank you." I said gratefully. I handed each of them a glass and led them to the living room. "Arguing isn't going to solve anything. EJ, you of all people know that." Patrick and Joe followed cautiously. EJ sat down on the sofa, rubbing her face with the sleeves of a gray sweat shirt I have never seen her wear before. "I'm sorry, but-but- She's my little cousin. I refuse to put her I danger like that." I was on EJ's side, but the only way to get then to all agree and stop fighting was to appear to remain unbiased. I turned to Devin, "And you?" I asked. Devin sat back on the sofa and crossed her legs. "Like I said before, someone needed to speak up, or EJ wouldn't have listened to her." she said nodding toward AJ, who was on the other side of the room.

I looked over to her with an eyebrow raised. "I just wanted to help." I sat there calculating everything they had said. "Okay." I said quietly. Devin started coughing violently after taking a sip, and water spilled out of the cup onto the floor. "I've got it." EJ said quickly, getting up. "Oh no you don't." I shooed her back to her seat and asked Joe to grab a towel.