Twenty-two

Evan stroked August's hair gently, soft snores escaping the smaller boys lips. Evan smiled slightly staring at the boy, who only hours ago had forgiven him, the sun was rising and the Harry Potter movies were still playing. But, Evan could only think about the pale boy, the way he was still in his galaxy skirt and crop top, but his shoes somewhere in the tent, the way his small fragile body was pressed up against his own, the way he held the youngers small dainty hands.
'Why?' Evan had remembered August asking 'was I not good enough?' he continued the tears strolling down his cheeks, the two had only known each other a mere few weeks, but it was as if they were dependent on each other, that one could not live without the other.
No matter how much both August and/or Evan would try to mask it, they could deny it all they wanted to but they both knew that they needed each other.
But what put August's mind at rest was when Evan had answered his question, 'No you are more than good enough, I was scared. Scared. Scared that I wasn't good enough for you, that you hung out with Jaxton, Dylan and Ethan so much because they're better than me. And honestly, at the time I thought a quick shag with Claire would take my mind off things' so that left August happy.
But where did that leave Evan, happy of coarse, but however when the elder received a text message at precisely 8:31 am from a certain someone he had replied with.
'I'll c u l8r then, cant wait bb ;)'